Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to run PS 5 in 32-bit???  (Read 3255 times)

ron ritcher

How to run PS 5 in 32-bit???
« on: September 18, 2010, 12:32:07 am »

Made the move to an iMac and upgraded from PS 3 to 5. REALLY miss Photokit Sharpener, so decided to open PS in 32-bit mode -  but can't figure out HOW.  Went to PS in the applications folder, clicked on "get info," but the ensuing window doesn't offer the "run in 32-bit" choice I hoped and expected to find.

I'm a real computer klutz, so if anyone can offer a fairly simple explanation/solution, I'd be most grateful. Thanks!

--Ron

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: How to run PS 5 in 32-bit???
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 01:07:38 am »

Made the move to an iMac and upgraded from PS 3 to 5. REALLY miss Photokit Sharpener, so decided to open PS in 32-bit mode -  but can't figure out HOW.  Went to PS in the applications folder, clicked on "get info," but the ensuing window doesn't offer the "run in 32-bit" choice I hoped and expected to find.

--Ron
I assume you are referring to CS5, and not PS 5 (that was many years ago :)  )

You are opening the folder and actually clicking on the application itself located within the Photoshop CS5 folder, and then doing a get info?  Doing a get info on that should offer a checkbox that says open in 32bit mode.

If you are doing those steps correctly, the only other thing I can think of is you don't have administrator access.

ron ritcher

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 01:15:25 am »

Thanks,Wayne, for the reply (and the gentle reminder that it is "CS" these days!).  Yes,I did what you listed, but the window which open in response to "get info" doesn't contain that check-box -- but otherwise looks just what the Photokit site says to work with.  "Administrator Access?"  How would I check?  And many thanks to whomever is patient enough to walk me through these rudimentary steps!

--Ron

ron ritcher

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 01:36:30 am »

Quick Update: I DO seemed to be logged on as the administrator, so any other ideas?  Again, I can get to the "get info" window of Photoshop, but that little box to check my way into 32-bit mode is nowhere in sight. I stump easily and am there now!

--Ron

ron ritcher

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 01:41:36 am »

BINGO! Think I found it!  Thanks . . .

--Ron

PS:  I know this has been around already, but any NEW hints on when Pixel Genius will offer PK Sharpener to the 64-bit Mac world?

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 07:30:16 am »

It is also possible to copy the Photoshop program and make that 32bit. So then you have a 64 and a 32bit type- as i have both in the Dock.
I use them side by side ( i miss contact sheet in 64 bit) and you can even use them together.
But I am afraid it will generate problems so i do not.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 01:05:14 pm »

PS:  I know this has been around already, but any NEW hints on when Pixel Genius will offer PK Sharpener to the 64-bit Mac world?

PG should have an alpha/beta version of PhotoKit Sharpener 2 in a few days...we're finalizing the move from Installer Vice to Vice X. The beta will be limited initially to users who already have PhotoKit Sharpener and who are running Photoshop CS5 as a 64-bit app. We'll make an announcement next week.

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 05:47:33 pm »

PG should have an alpha/beta version of PhotoKit Sharpener 2 in a few days...we're finalizing the move from Installer Vice to Vice X. The beta will be limited initially to users who already have PhotoKit Sharpener and who are running Photoshop CS5 as a 64-bit app. We'll make an announcement next week.

Great news! Count me in for the beta!
Pages: [1]   Go Up