Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jumping to message rather than forum after posting  (Read 1380 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Jumping to message rather than forum after posting
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:53:04 pm »

I like to check that my formatting is alright after I post a message. When I click post, it jumps to the appropriate sub-forum, instead of the message (thread) itself. Is there a user-settable option to do that, or would that be possible to do server-side?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Jumping to message rather than forum after posting
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 02:18:36 am »

Have you tried to uncheck "Return to topics after posting by default" in the "Look and Layout Preferences"? Not sure if that is what you are after, but give it a try.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 01:03:20 pm »

Have you tried to uncheck "Return to topics after posting by default" in the "Look and Layout Preferences"? Not sure if that is what you are after, but give it a try.

It already was unchecked. I checked it, let's see what happens...

edit: that fixed it, thanks!

mguertin

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:40:19 am »

Sorry, late to reply here, but you can also do this on a per-post basis from the "Additional Options" area of the posting screen by checking the "Return to this topic" checkbox.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 12:07:36 pm »

Sorry, late to reply here, but you can also do this on a per-post basis from the "Additional Options" area of the posting screen by checking the "Return to this topic" checkbox.
On the subject of "additional options", is there a way of having those options displayed by default? They don't take up much space.

The ability to have larger attachments, as existed under the old forum software, would be nice as well. This is a photographic site, after all, and the 1Mb limit is rather restricting. As Michael is heard frequently to observe, disk space is cheap!

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up