Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fall Color 2010 - Utah & Colorado  (Read 3949 times)

Foto_Geek

Fall Color 2010 - Utah & Colorado
« on: September 15, 2010, 06:05:30 pm »

Fellow Photographers,

I would like to capture some fall color this year in the Utah and West Colorado area.  Any input with regard to locations for great displays would be appreciated.  Also, if anyone lives in this area or has recently visited and is willing to offer updates on color status, I would love to hear from you.  I realize that timing can vary greatly from year to year and thus I am prepared to be flexible.

Thanks in advance,
- fg

ltphoto

Re: Fall Color 2010 - Utah & Colorado
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 03:27:29 pm »

We are just starting to see some color in the higher ranges of the Wasatch here near Salt Lake City. I would guess that it will be at the peak in one to two weeks at higher elevations. We are still over a month away in southern Utah.

Lonnie Utah

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 04:51:43 pm »

I can't speak for Colorado locations but here in Utah try Big and little cottonwood canyons, the Alpine loop and the Mount Nebo highway. 

The aspens up high aren't going yet, but the gamble oaks and maples down low are showing some color. 

These were taken yesterday...

As you can see, the aspens aren't quite ready, but the ferns underneith gave some great reflected golden light.  This was at 2:30 in the PM...

Darren

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 05:13:44 pm »

Actually, the colors don't really vary greatly from year to year. Anyway, here's your Colorado information.

2jbourret

• http://jamesbourret.photoshelter.com
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 03:52:56 pm »

Can anyone report on the area along Hyw. 12 in the mountains above the town of Boulder, UT?
Thanks
Jamie Bourret
[url=http://jamesbourret.p

Lonnie Utah

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 11:12:58 am »

Can anyone report on the area along Hyw. 12 in the mountains above the town of Boulder, UT?
Thanks

My guess, based on the local condition in the SLC area, is that they are at or past their peak at this point. 

cwood

• Utah & Big Island, HI
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 11:30:36 am »

Another photographer friend spent the weekend at Torrey/Boulder. Says colors were great. Now apparently is the peak. Here are a couple from a few days ago in the Dixie National Forest, near Brian Head, Utah. This is close to the same elevation as Boulder.

2jbourret

• http://jamesbourret.photoshelter.com
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 11:54:40 am »

Thanks for both your posts re: Boulder/Torrey. Looks like it is at it's peak, which seems early this year. I don't think I'm going to make it in time!
Jamie Bourret
[url=http://jamesbourret.p

Foto_Geek

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 10:35:48 am »

Thanks to all who have contributed to this topic.  I took some great fall color photos in the Aspen, CO area and am now in the Ouray area which still has great color.

Lonnie Utah

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 01:57:23 pm »

Thanks to all who have contributed to this topic.  I took some great fall color photos in the Aspen, CO area and am now in the Ouray area which still has great color.

I'd love to see them when you get them processed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up