Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edward Burtynsky shoots oil spill with a Hasselblad  (Read 3420 times)

nad54

Edward Burtynsky shoots oil spill with a Hasselblad
« on: September 15, 2010, 03:13:27 am »

"Burtynsky has flipped open the airplane’s side window now, and has started shooting—leaning out the window with his Hasselblad" 

from

http://www.canadianart.ca/art/features/2010/09/01/edward-burtynsky/

Anyone interested in Edward Burtnsky's epic landscape work should heck out these stunning aerials

http://www.metiviergallery.com/artist_collection.php?artist=burtynsky&collection=oil_spill

He switched to using a digital Hasselblad for his aerials of Australian minescapes after problems with film flatness using 5x4.

Before the 'bitchin' starts I am sure he cold have had just as good results with a Phase One camera/back. My point is that a mfd is proving to be more ueable for him for this kind of work

harlemshooter

Re: Edward Burtynsky shoots oil spill with a Hasselblad
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:20:33 pm »

i saw these prints recently in nyc. interesting that all were chromogenic.

nad54

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 08:19:31 am »

He owns his own Pro Lab in Toronto!

The C type prints are Lightjets

sojournerphoto

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:12:27 am »

He owns his own Pro Lab in Toronto!

The C type prints are Lightjets

I'm sure that Mr Burtinsky will have his work printed using whatever technology he considers best achieves his aims. Adding a 11900 in the corner would probably not be too great a hardship.

There is also the spectre of the acceptability of inkjet output in comparison to C-type prints in the 'art world'. He needs a market for his work.

I did think it interesting that there is a team working on the digital processing options...

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up