Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does my Lightroom 3.2 crash on my Mac all the time!?  (Read 3245 times)

sperera

Why does my Lightroom 3.2 crash on my Mac all the time!?
« on: September 13, 2010, 04:41:51 am »

I have two Macs, in two different locations....the newer Mac Pro I have works perfectly with Lightroom....but this Mac Pro (a Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2.66GHz with 8GB RAM, bus speed 1.33GHz) makes Lightroom crash all the time...I cant use the programme at all!!! anyone have any ideas? its really annoying...its obviously something to do with the Mac......Im running Max OS X 10.6.4
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:05:15 am by sperera »
Stephen Perera
www.ulookfierce.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Why does my Lightroom 3.2 crash on my Mac all the time!?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 07:57:00 am »

Have you tried removing preferences and reinstalling?

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

JohnP1

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:46:53 am »

I had this same problem. It turned out my Macbook Pro runs 32 bit as standard, bit will run 64 bit as an option. Lightroom 3.2 seems to install itself as a 64 bit application and then keeps crashing. Setting the Mac to run in 64 bit mode did not make things any better, so I reverted Lightroom to 32 bit and all is well. To do this find Lightroom in the applications folder, hit cmd-i to bring up the info window. Then just tick "open in 32 bit mode". Start the Lightroom again and all should be well.

Regards

John

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:16:21 pm »

No, this is bad advice.  Mac OS X 10.6 always runs 64 bit applications, the OS is 64-bit.  Worrying about the kernel itself is a fool's errand.  I would suggest running LR in 64 bit all the time, as there are advantages.

I'd try removing the preferences for Lightroom and trying again.

JohnP1

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 05:24:24 am »

With respect, this is not so much advice as the result of my own experience. As an update I have now installed 4GB of RAM (up from 2GB) and the problem is resolved. "My" MAC now runs as 64 bit and Lightroom runs as 64 bit without crashing every 5 minutes, which is, as you may imagine, very annoying.

Best regards

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up