Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpectraView and the NEC PA271W connectivity problems  (Read 2624 times)

bbrantley

SpectraView and the NEC PA271W connectivity problems
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:25:02 pm »

Hi everyone,

I just hooked my new PA271W up to my iMac via a Mini DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort cable.  (No hardware or adapter, just a cable.)  The display is working fine.  I added a USB connection to the upstream port and plugged the SV sensor into the monitor.  System Profiler shows both the "PA271W" and the "Eye-One display" devices in the USB tree.

When I start SV2, the splash screen comes up, it detects the sensor, and it forever sits waiting to find the display.  If I click the splash screen, it disappears and the application stays active.  The app will not quit, and any attempt to interact with it (via menu) causes it to lock up.  Force quit is the only way to stop it.

Has anyone else had this problem?  There are a bunch of notes about problems with mDP-to-DVI adapters, special builds on the web site, etc.; but nothing to indicate a problem with this configuration.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I thought maybe you would have an idea. 

Thanks!

Ben

Pat Herold

Re: SpectraView and the NEC PA271W connectivity problems
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 07:53:50 pm »

Hi Ben,

Even though your i1 shows in the USB tree, there may not be enough power through the internal port of the display to adequately handle the device.  So you could try plugging the colorimeter directly into a USB port on the iMac.

If you're looking for ways to troubleshoot, then you could also unplug the i1 completely and launch the software.  You should be able to get the main part of the software running before it gives you the screen offering to "re-detect" the device.  Then, connect the device like it says and see if you can get the rest of the way there.

It does not sound like a mDP problem.
-Patrick Herold
  Tech Support,  chromix.com

BFoto

• Brad's blog
Re: SpectraView and the NEC PA271W connectivity problems
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 02:24:10 pm »

Try and talk to this guy.

http://www.dpreview.com/members/657037741
Will Hollingworth
Sr. Product Development Manager
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

I discovered with my new laptop (Dell M6400) that because of the display port, the SVII software was unable to communicate with the monitor. Apparently, the display port has a proprietary technology not allowing 2 way traffic. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up