Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Hasselblad CF-22 (AKA CF-132) Used Digital Back So Rare  (Read 16011 times)

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Re: Why Hasselblad CF-22 (AKA CF-132) Used Digital Back So Rare
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 03:35:09 am »

This is the reason, I have at least 2 more or less equal digital backs plus bodies. I have in most focal lengths 2 options for lenses. If the IB is your concern because it can fail, so can everything else. The IB has proven itself to be much  more reliable than other vital parts of the entire system.

I once had fungus on the IR filter which basically rendered my back useless as well (unless you are willing to spend more time on getting rid of the spots than on the actual shoot).

My point. There are a million ways things can go haywire, don't keep staring on just one thing. The other point is, whatever you do things will mess up eventually.

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 10:30:00 am »

I agree with the statements that the 22MP digital backs were not sold in great numbers compared to the CF-39 and H2D models available at the time. My experience was that photographers where looking for the advances on the H2D platform with auto-focus lenses with metadata to post-correct for lens distortion, etc. instead of the limits of a digital back.

Look, we sell digital backs, too - but ultimately, the decision on what to buy is the photographer's - not the marketing department or executive board at major camera manufacturers as some suggest.

One of the questions earlier was what happens to the backs when they are returned to the manufacturer as a trade-in or repair? Hasselblad in the US will refurbish the unit and publish on the CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) list for redeployment into the marketplace - providing a Hasselblad for every budget.

Like our brand competitors, we do accept trade-ins from older equipment to substantially offset the cost of a new Hasselblad system. I would like to think the sensors can be recovered, but it is only my speculation.

The Imagebank series I (about the size of a VHS tape, remember those?LOL) provided not only storage, but also power to the digital magazine. The second generation is smaller (slightly larger than an iPhone) and uses FireWire 800 instead of gigabit CAT5. Each use ruggedized, shock-proof hard drives inside.

Stay Inspired! Find out what all the fuss is about. We can help.

John
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

JV

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 11:52:42 am »

I agree with the statements that the 22MP digital backs were not sold in great numbers compared to the CF-39 and H2D models available at the time. My experience was that photographers where looking for the advances on the H2D platform with auto-focus lenses with metadata to post-correct for lens distortion, etc. instead of the limits of a digital back.

Look, we sell digital backs, too - but ultimately, the decision on what to buy is the photographer's - not the marketing department or executive board at major camera manufacturers as some suggest.

One of the questions earlier was what happens to the backs when they are returned to the manufacturer as a trade-in or repair? Hasselblad in the US will refurbish the unit and publish on the CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) list for redeployment into the marketplace - providing a Hasselblad for every budget.

Like our brand competitors, we do accept trade-ins from older equipment to substantially offset the cost of a new Hasselblad system. I would like to think the sensors can be recovered, but it is only my speculation.

The Imagebank series I (about the size of a VHS tape, remember those?LOL) provided not only storage, but also power to the digital magazine. The second generation is smaller (slightly larger than an iPhone) and uses FireWire 800 instead of gigabit CAT5. Each use ruggedized, shock-proof hard drives inside.

Stay Inspired! Find out what all the fuss is about. We can help.

John

John,

Can you consult that CPO online?

Thanks.

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 07:06:10 pm »

The inventory changes quickly and is first-come, first served; the best strategy we have found is to keep a list of interested equipment/photographers and notify when a match occurs.

Trying to avoid a pitch for our services to meet the T&C of Luminous Landscape, so I proceed with caution. An online list can be viewed at our website - look at the clearance aisle on the store.

If you want to get on the list, we can help.

John
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 01:11:38 am »

Sure, but don't expect to find many if any H3D11-22 cameras, comparatively few were ever made. It took me almost a year to find mine and believe me, I'm not selling. Insert yellow grin thing.

i have a H3D-22 and feel the same way...steve sold it to me 3 or 4 years ago...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:13:29 am by jimgolden »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up