Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone found a quick release plate/head for point and shoot cameras?  (Read 1938 times)

spotmeter

• http://www.photographica.us

I have a Casio Exlim EX-FC150 (the name is bigger than the size of the camera!) that I want to use on a tripod for taking high speed videos.

The 1/4" screw hole seems to be made of plastic, so I would like to find a quick release plate and head so I don't wear out the threads in the screw hole.

The distance from the center of the hole to the door of the battery and card compartment is slightly over 1/2". To be useful, the plate would need to be smaller than this.

Has anyone found such a small plate that I can leave on the camera?

Aristoc

Re: Has anyone found a quick release plate/head for point and shoot cameras?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 01:37:16 pm »

I haven't looked for one but why wouldn't you use one of those manfrotto screw on clamps and quick release plates that most photo stores sell ? I doubt you will find a custom fit plate for that.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 02:38:35 pm »

There are a million P&Ss, so I doubt you'll find a dedicated one. Markins and Acratech are the ones I've bought recently, and they both have "generic" plates for small cameras. They both have some room for movement along the notch where the bolt slides, so you might want to check those out. Given the dimensions of standard Arca/Swiss QR plate, it will most likely go beyond the edges of the bottom of the camera.

Colin Griffiths

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:38:06 pm »

I like these:

http://www.trek-tech.com/products/magmount.html

I also bought some rare earth magnets from Ebay (same diameter as the trek-trek version and very inexpensive) and made adapters to mount on the handle of both a normal trekking pole and another ball head that I already had. With my GF1, the magnet gives a very secure (even without using the safety clip), extremely quick to use and remove method, but still allowing easy access to the hinged battery door.
Pages: [1]   Go Up