Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red and Yellow  (Read 1340 times)

Rob C

Red and Yellow
« on: September 10, 2010, 03:35:14 am »

Having ricked my back trying to find out, I conclude that this shot is one of the very rare ones of its type that would actually benefit by being printed upside down. In other words, with the subjects looking the right way up. The feeling is then even more surreal.

Have I screwed my back for nothing?

At a stretch - can anyone offer a candidate as to who the person was that invented the rubber band?

Rob C

siba

• http://www.stefansiba.com
Re: Red and Yellow
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:02:53 am »

A rubber band (in some regions known as a binder, elastic band, lackey band, laggy band, lacka band or gumband) is a short length of rubber and latex formed in the shape of a loop. Rubber bands are typically used to hold multiple objects together. The rubber band was patented in England on March 17, 1845 by Stephen Perry

from wikipedia

Rob C

Re: Red and Yellow
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 08:52:29 am »

A rubber band (in some regions known as a binder, elastic band, lackey band, laggy band, lacka band or gumband) is a short length of rubber and latex formed in the shape of a loop. Rubber bands are typically used to hold multiple objects together. The rubber band was patented in England on March 17, 1845 by Stephen Perry
from wikipedia

wikipedia! That, my dear Siba, is cheating, I could have gone there.

Anyway, the source is flawed: the rubber band was created - if not discovered - by a gentleman working in a bicylce shop who had a problem with what to do with old inner-tubes. 'Where's there's muck there's money' was born on that day.

As to holding multiple objects together: try telling that to the one on my ponytail!

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up