Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R2880 with Cone Color Inks/refillable cartridge kit.....  (Read 1325 times)

dkperez

R2880 with Cone Color Inks/refillable cartridge kit.....
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:45:39 pm »

I've got an Epson R2880 that I've started using refillable cartridges on.  After doing some research here and other places I concluded that the Cone Color inks and refillable cartridge kit from InkJetMall was the best way to go.

So, did the installation, filled, ran, printed, everything worked fine. 

After a couple days the monitor showed several cartridges being low, and one finally got to the point where it set the "X"......

SO, I looked in the instructions, and in the Troubleshooting section I found:

Question:  An X showed in the ink level monitor for one of the cartridges, I removed the cartridge then refilled and replaced it in to the printer, I tried to print and it then showed another cartridge with an X, this kept repeating itself each time I tried. 
Answer:  By only filling one cartridge it can make the rest go out of sequence, refill all the cartridges at once and they will all read full again.......

Which matched the information I found while doing my research, so I refilled ALL the cartridges.......

Put them back in the printer and.......  ONLY 1 showed full.  The rest all continued to think they are/were virtually empty.  Which, if I'm reading the above correctly, is totally contrary to what the instructions state.

Contacted InkJetMall and eventually got an email that stated that "only the cartridge that's showing empty will reset"....  Which again, is the opposite of the information included in their instructions......

Continued emails back and forth haven't gotten me a "fix", but they (InkJetMall) is/are going to check with the cartridge manufacturer.  HOPEFULLY they'll find out how to get them all to reset....

Anyone in here have any ideas?  Can I use a hardware resetter on the R2880?
Pages: [1]   Go Up