Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who's using a Mamiya AFD with Ixpress back?  (Read 1717 times)

chamuleau

• http://www.chamuleau.com
who's using a Mamiya AFD with Ixpress back?
« on: September 08, 2010, 03:24:14 am »

can you get multishot and tethered shooting from Flexcolor / Phocus? if yes, what's your setup? I can't get it to work on my AFDIII with 384c, it's really annoying

thanks,
Serge

j.miller

Re: who's using a Mamiya AFD with Ixpress back?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:44:37 am »

How old is your Ixpress i-Adapter? Depending on its age and version, there can be the need for firmware to be updated in the i-Adapter. This is usually be accomplished automatically while updating the back firmware. The i-Adapter firmware is part of the (newer) Ixpress back firmware packages normally included with FlexColor.

There might be the need to downgrade your firmware, via an old version of Flexcolor. Once this is accomplished, you can (re)upgrade using the newest version of Flexcolor.

Have you consulted with a local Hasselblad dealer?

Regards.

Weldon Brewster

• http://www.weldonbrewster.com
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 10:17:52 am »

I would contact Hasselblad support on this.  I'm not sure that there is firmware in the adapter but there are different versions of the adapter.  On my Contax adapter, I had an expose cable to be able shoot from flexcolor or phocus.  If I remember correctly it went from the bottom of the imacon back to the camera.

Good Luck,
Weldon
Weldon Brewster
www.weldonbrewster.com

j.miller

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 12:26:21 pm »

Yes, there is firmware specific to the adapter. It is usually updated by the back, during the normal digital back firmware update process. If you have updated the firmware in a Imacon or Hasselblad Ixpress digital back before, you will recall it is a multi-step process.

None the less, downgrading and re-upgrading the firmware is a worth a try. This is a common trouble-shooting process. In addition, check your cables, especially your Ixpress Link cable(s).

Most importantly, a Hasselblad dealer or Hasselblad Tech Support can be of additional help with this.

Hasselblad Tel. +1-800-367-6434 (They gave both East Coast and West Coast support offices)

Regards.

chiek

• chiek imaging
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:44:19 pm »

Serge.

Try hasselblad user forum.
http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/board,9.0.html

It contains "Useful stuff for Hasselblad and Imacon back owners."

JK
chiek imaging, in Seoul, SOUTH-KOREA.
Sinar P2, Hasselblad CFv-50c medium format and a7R systems
major job is products shot, especially for electronic products.
but interested in Landscapes and Portraits, Still-life.
my hobby is Designing camera…
www.chiek.co.kr

eddysmit

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:52 am »

Normally it works with a 645AFD and a firewire cable. Multishot and microstep will only work with Flexcolor. Microstep is not supported with the newest Phocus version.
No idea if it works with the AFD III. Does everything work if you just shoot with the camera and back?
Mamiya USA can upgrade a 645AF to a 645AFD. Maybe they can downgrade your AFD III  :) Send them a mail. They are very helpfull.

I'm from Antwerp. If it's not to far from your place, we can do some tests with my gear.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:27:16 am by eddysmit »
Pages: [1]   Go Up