Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TVC-33 Versa Tripodwith Burzynski head  (Read 5831 times)

adam z

TVC-33 Versa Tripodwith Burzynski head
« on: September 07, 2010, 05:44:06 am »

Has anyone used this combo? I assume it should be easy enough to put these together, or has someone had issues?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Re: TVC-33 Versa Tripodwith Burzynski head
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 02:24:58 am »

I use the Burzynski. I find it the best ballhead you can buy. It remains fairly unknown and thus not really widely used and that is a loss for everyone that does use a ballhead and buys something else.

I don't know the TC-33 tripod though. I use it with a Gitzo without center column where the head falls exactly in the hole where normally the centerplate would reside.

I just checked the RRS Tripod. This looks like a really nice tripod. Not sure if the centerplate can go out and whether that leaves a hole where the Burzynski will fit which is the nicest construction. Otherwise you need to mount it on top of the plate versus instead of the plate.

I would also advice getting the PCL-1 panning clamp from RRS. This clamp fits very nicely on top of the Burzynski.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:28:40 am by Dustbak »

adam z

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:25:47 am »

Nobody seems to be disappointed by the Burzynski. I might have to find out from RRS the dimensions as I am hoping that the head will fit in as it does on the Gitzos. I was planning on getting that panning clamp and L brackets for my camera bodies.

Will be glad to know if anyone has any more useful info.

vandevanterSH

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 12:17:38 pm »

I have a TVC-33 but not Burzynski but I assume you will be using the Burzinski with the 70mm base rather than the 100 mm bowl.  Is so, the TVC-33 base is the same size as the Gitzi systematic series 3 base.  So it should work.

Steve

marcmccalmont

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:24 pm »

How does your Burzynski compare to the RRS BH-55 which I am familiar with?
How would you pan for panorama stitching? the BH-55 gas a panning base
Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:24:34 am »

When you loosen the knobs a bit on the burzynski you can pan (safely). I have opted to put the RRS PCL-1 clamp on top of the Burzynski. This is a perfect fit, like they have been made for each other. The clamp is a panning clamp (part of the RRS Pano-Package).

vandevanterSH

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 02:26:31 pm »

How would you pan for panorama stitching? the BH-55 gas a panning base..
RRS now offers a leveling base that, combined with the PCL-1, eliminates the ballhead from the pano set up.

Steve

marcmccalmont

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 06:49:25 pm »

I have a RRS panning clamp but rarely use it because I find I level the base, then tilt the camera up or down with the ball head  (on a cliff looking down or in a valley looking up) Then pan from the base of the ball head not at the clamp.
So my options are a RRS BH55 on a RRS TVC-33 tripod with a RRS leveling base  or a Burzynski head on a 100mm video bowl on a Gitzo 5531s tripod. Just not sure how well the Burzynski pans? I'm familiar with the RRS equipment but have never seen the Burzynski so your advice is needed to make the correct decision. I already have a gitzo leveling tripod for hiking I'm looking for maximum stability on this one
Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up