Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning printed images  (Read 1517 times)

Scott Shelerud

Cleaning printed images
« on: September 06, 2010, 11:50:53 pm »

A couple of questions about cleaning prints from a Canon ipf8300.

I purchased a draftsman's brush at the local artists supply for cleaning stray bits of fluff off of the outside of the paper rolls.  I also tried using it to clean a hunk of fuzz off of a printed image on Canon RC photoluster.  The bristles left a few light scratches on the image.  Any recommendations for cleaning printed images, especially FRESHLY printed ones would be appreciated.

Also, while messing with the above image I managed to put some fingerprints on the print ( it was ruined already, so I wasn't wearing gloves ). I decided to try my film and emulsion cleaner, PEC 12, to see how well it would work on the printed image.  Stripped the ink right off!   Any suggestions for cleaning stray fingerprints from these images would also be helpful

Thanks!

Scott

Knife Island Images
Scott Shelerud

Knife Island Images

www.KnifeIsland.com

Mulis Pictus

• http://mulispictus.cz
Re: Cleaning printed images
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:27:32 am »

I purchased a draftsman's brush at the local artists supply for cleaning stray bits of fluff off of the outside of the paper rolls.  I also tried using it to clean a hunk of fuzz off of a printed image on Canon RC photoluster.  The bristles left a few light scratches on the image.  Any recommendations for cleaning printed images, especially FRESHLY printed ones would be appreciated.

I use a brush with goat hair and it works nice for me. Didn't try it on fresh print though as I always let it dry at least one hour. I also use that brush for removing dust when framing, which is its original purpose. I think you might get one in framing supplies store.

Sven W

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:12:26 pm »

The best method to clean a print from dust, before or/and after printing, is with air from a compressor and an air blow gun.

/Sven
Stockholm, Sweden

a.lorge

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 05:34:45 pm »

I use one of these: http://www.drytac.com/drs-roller.html.  It's expensive but worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up