Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So now that I upgraded to LR 3.2  (Read 1620 times)

DeanSonneborn

So now that I upgraded to LR 3.2
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:01:45 pm »

I have upgraded to LR 3.2 and I really like the noise and sharpening tools but I am not sure about something. If after de-noising and sharpening in LR 3.2 and I then want to edit in CS4 will I still have the de-noising and sharpening that I just did in LR3.2 in CD4? Also can I download and start using CR6 with CS4 of do I need to stick with CR5.7?

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: So now that I upgraded to LR 3.2
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 07:31:47 pm »

I have upgraded to LR 3.2 and I really like the noise and sharpening tools but I am not sure about something. If after de-noising and sharpening in LR 3.2 and I then want to edit in CS4 will I still have the de-noising and sharpening that I just did in LR3.2 in CD4? Also can I download and start using CR6 with CS4 of do I need to stick with CR5.7?
I don't believe that CR 6.2 works with CS4, only CS5.  If you are doing all of the sharpening in LR, that would negate the need to do it in PS.  I'm going through the same thinking right now as to whether I really need to update from CS4 to CS5 since I do most of my work in LR with only soft proofing and some final pixel editing in PS.  At this point I don't see the need to update PS unless someone can offer a convincing reason to.

Alan

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: So now that I upgraded to LR 3.2
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:00:20 am »

Just choose Edit in Photoshop. LR will detect that the ACR version is older, and will give you the choice to "render using LR". It then outputs a TIF/PSD with your noise reduction and capture sharpening baked in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up