Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shooting in Los Angeles  (Read 5808 times)

MikeDitz

Re: Shooting in Los Angeles
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 11:55:14 pm »

Ha! sure was. Back when you were at Dick Reed's studio. The good old days....

ondebanks

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 09:33:44 am »

So if I just want to shoot buildings etc. in a US city as a tourist, but using a tripod for good technique and "professional looking" gear, would I be left alone or would I be hassled for a permit?
I cannot believe the the mere presence of a camera support might automatically trigger some law enforcement stuff.

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 11:10:37 am »

So if I just want to shoot buildings etc. in a US city as a tourist, but using a tripod for good technique and "professional looking" gear, would I be left alone or would I be hassled for a permit?
I cannot believe the the mere presence of a camera support might automatically trigger some law enforcement stuff.

If you are in the US and you are standing on public property you can legally photograph anything you want... even with a tripod. It is rare that you would be hassled by anyone besides maybe the building's security. If you are on public property, it is your right to photograph whatever you want.
The purpose of the permit is large scale productions that interfere with the public's daily life. Like if you are going to stop traffic. etc...

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 03:05:13 am »

Anything about the insurance guys?

Talked with Tom Pickard, and the temp insurande for 10days was 650$ which is pretty steep in my mind.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up