Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Enable Sort order in LR3  (Read 1506 times)

pflower

How to Enable Sort order in LR3
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:01:57 am »

This is really stupid I am sure. I have just downloaded the LR3 demo, imported a copy of my LR2 catalog but in the grid view of the Library module there is no sort order popup.  In LR2 on the bottom of the grid view this usually appeared to the right of the filename.  Nothing in LR3.

There must be some incredible obvious thing that I am missing, but I can't find it.

Anyone got the answer?

Thanks

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: How to Enable Sort order in LR3
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:15:45 am »

In Grid view (G) there's a toolbar (T) at the bottom of the grid. On its right hand side is a little arrow, which lets you add sort order to the toolbar. You also have to be in Grid view for Sort Order to show up.

pflower

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:06:31 am »

Ah.  No arrow but if you press T then the usual options appear.  A frustrating program from time to time.

Thank you.

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 04:24:31 pm »

Ah.  No arrow but if you press T then the usual options appear.  A frustrating program from time to time.

Thank you.

T means Toolbar.  It toggles whether the toolbar is shown or not shown.  In general it's nice to show things, and it's nice to _hide_ things, especially when you're working on limited real estate like a laptop.  I wouldn't say it's frustrating... just takes some learning ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up