Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banding with epson 4800 when photo have big parts of black color  (Read 1519 times)

pspentax

Banding with epson 4800 when photo have big parts of black color
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:55:13 pm »

Hi, :)

This is my first post here  ;D ;D ;D
So i have made some printings of some photos that have big parts of black color. And when i look at it i see some banding  >:( >:( >:( like marks of the paper transport or something else.
I use Epson luster paper and original ink.

Any body else have seen this problem???

Regards,
Pedro

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Banding with epson 4800 when photo have big parts of black color
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 03:00:20 am »

Your description doesn't offer much information.  When you say "banding" I'm really not sure what you are describing.  Pretty much everyone that prints has seen "banding" and it can be caused by many factors.  No idea what printer, although I assume it is an Epson.

But whenever banding does occur, especially only in one color, first double check the file and make sure it isn't there and you just can't see it on the display. To do this you have to actually look at the numbers, not just look at the image.

The most common problem of banding in blacks in any inkjet printer is clogged nozzles, they will always appear in the same direction as the head travels.  If so do a nozzle check, and clean if necessary.

If they are parallel to the paper path, it can be cause by to much paper curl, not enough suction (on large format Epsons), or a physical problem in the paper path (stuck piece of paper, damaged transport system).

hope that helps a little

Sven W

Re: Banding with epson 4800 when photo have big parts of black color
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:55:26 am »

If it looks like strikes, try also to change the Platen Gap to Wide (from Standard) on the printers menu.

/Sven
Stockholm, Sweden

pspentax

The problem is the High Speed mode
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:18:00 am »

Thanks to all for your help  :)

The banding i am talking is not like lack of ink, etc... is more like strips of diferent glossy aspect in the direction of the feed paper.

In the past i have only printed normal fotos without big parts of deep black and using the 720pp+High Speed and never have seen this problem.
But yesterday a made one picture with big parts of deep black and use the 1440pp+High Speed and i get that bad quality in the black area.  :( :( :(

So i have made some tests and discover the problem  ;D ;D ;D
The problem is the High Speed mode for that kind of pictures.
I made a test for 1440pp and 720pp with High Speed mode and have the problem  :( :( :(
and made another ones at 720pp and 1440pp without the High Speed mode and get fantastics prints  ;D ;D ;D

So for all most every pictures i can use High Speed mode with great results.

But for pictures with big parts of deep black or critical quality for now on i will not use High Speed mode

Regards,
Pedro

Pages: [1]   Go Up