Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Snow Leopard Epson 3800 and Dark Colours Fixed?????  (Read 9484 times)

elolaugesen

Re: Printing Snow Leopard Epson 3800 and Dark Colours Fixed?????
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 03:22:37 pm »

Hi Guys....   the only thing that gives me the same colours is still     CS5    nothing else..

I have tried CS4, PSE6, PSE4, lightroom2   tested lightroom 3 but did not do same final test as trial period ran out.....  same for PSE8 trial ran out....

who knows..   I am still printing    still checking every day   I use special profiles made with PSE6 and 10.5.8  not the epson profiles...    have not tried to make any profiles with snow leopard,       do not dare...!!! 

cheers..  elo   

ps.  will continue to let you know what is happening....

elolaugesen

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 06:51:49 am »

WEll Here we go again

Adobe announced PSE9 for both the mac and win platforms

will on my return home next week download trial and test the the colours with PSE9  also I well check to see what other wonderfull options they have removed to make it easier (their excuse) for photographers to use the system so as not to confuse them.
Usually the options removed are related to printing and so on to encourage people like me to buy Photoshop CS.

I will test and report.   
I believe there will be no colour issues..   and it will match the old PSE6, and CS5

cheers ... elo

photoladdc

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 03:19:51 pm »

I also have the 3800 and the constant color/density problems discussed at length in this very long thread.  Has the thought occurred to anyone else that Epson engineers are simply cretins, and that their jobs are too difficult for them?  How long can it take for them to solve this?

lxxl

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2010, 03:51:13 pm »

I don't think, that the Epson engineers are cretins, who are overstrained. They simply don't care.  :'(
Obviously the current driver is working for some people, where as others are pretty screwed. In my opinion, it REALLY shouldn't be that hard to get a driver running properly on every customer's system, but as said: they just don't care. I gave it up!  :-[
By the way, I've been wondering about elo's report. Everything working fine now?

Merry Christmas,
Alex

elolaugesen

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »

see my other notes here....

Re: Snow Leopard Cyan/Printer/Version ICC V4 profiles Bypass Solution?

away from the printer for another week...   colours are perfect in all ways only the behaviour of the printer is now an issue with some profiles.   when using Mac osx 6.5.5   

unfortunately my supplier of ink, paper and profiles uses xrite ( I believe it theirs) ] Version = "ProfilingLib 5.0.10 1.75.16.2 Dec  8 2009" do not work properly  others like monaco, spyder works fine.   I will have to go elsewhere for profiles .  The identical profiles work perfectly on  osx 10.5.8 work perfectly as they do with lightroom 3.3. on osx 10.6.5

see my notes on how I got it all to work perfectly with some extra steps in the workflow...
if I am wrong let me know.   but it works... (tried it for a whole days work....)

lxxl

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 06:10:41 pm »

Well, I have no specific problems. The driver is just not working flawlessly when using application colormanagement (in any application). The only way is colormanagement by driver, including the awkward profile replacement method within ColorSync.  :P
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up