Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aperture - support leica DMR?  (Read 5833 times)

dave mckenney

aperture - support leica DMR?
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:00:56 pm »

aperture documentation does not list leica DMR sensor as one supported by aperture - does anyone use aperture for DMR files?  thanks,  dave

wildstork

• Lawrence Beck Photography
Re: aperture - support leica DMR?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 10:43:51 am »

Dave,
I've used it since day one with no problems. Aperture 3 is a significant improvement... so if you haven't upgraded, do so as you'll see some worthwhile changes.  My only issue is beachballing from time to time on a Mac.  I have a MacBook Pro (mid-2009) with dual 2.93 ghz processor and 4 gb ram and it still beachballs when I use the cloning tool for a few minutes.  Aperture is a resource hog and the DMR, with 59 mb 16 bit files really taxes the program.
For absolute best IQ I still use FlexColor, especially when I need to print big.
Lawrence

dave mckenney

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:44:52 pm »

Lawrance - Thanks for the reply - I am not familiar with the term "beachballing" - please help me out with it  as I have the same Mac you have -- Dave

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 04:22:04 pm »

Beachballing is when Mac OS X displays the rainbow cursor.  It indicates the main user interface thread is blocked and waiting for the machine to do something.  It's typically frustrating :-)

I don't know what Leica's "DMR" sensor is.  Aperture 3 supports the M8, M9, X1, and S2.  Can't say on the latter one... pretty sure support is there but I don't have the scratch to try.  A full list of supported RAW formats is here:

http://www.apple.com/aperture/specs/raw.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up