Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo Coloredge CG243W and Colormunki  (Read 5974 times)

acerzr2

Eizo Coloredge CG243W and Colormunki
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:16:48 pm »

I have just bought the Eizo Coloredge CG243W monitor along with the Colormunki photo calibrator. I am pretty new to calibrating so I would like some advice. Should I use the Color navigator software that came with the Eizo monitor or would some other software be better? I would also like to know..  should I install the Color navigator software first, then the Colormunki software, or does it even matter what order they are installed in? Thanks in advance.

tho_mas

Re: Eizo Coloredge CG243W and Colormunki
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:11:17 pm »

Should I use the Color navigator software that came with the Eizo monitor...
yes! to keep it simple: Color Navigator "knows" the monitor... the software contains certain correction tables for that particular monitor other software do not contain.

should I install the Color navigator software first, then the Colormunki software, or does it even matter what order they are installed in?
either way. Actually you don't have to install the Colormunki software at all (unless you need it for printer profiling or so...).

Pat Herold

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:57:27 pm »

In fact, the ColorNavigator software can communicate and write its correction tables to the superior graphics system inside the monitor.  The ColorMunki writes to the graphics card on the computer which is limited to 8-bits and does not take advantage of the whole reason you got the 243!  Install the software before you plug in the Munki device.
-Patrick Herold
  Tech Support,  chromix.com

tho_mas

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 09:01:59 pm »

In fact, the ColorNavigator software can communicate and write its correction tables to the superior graphics system inside the monitor.  The ColorMunki writes to the graphics card on the computer which is limited to 8-bits and does not take advantage of the whole reason you got the 243!
"BasICColor Display 4" (trades as "Color Eyes" in the US AFAIK) can also adress the hardware and the internal LUT of the Eizo CG monitors. Still... the "hidden" color management of Color Navigator (i.e. the correction curves) makes the difference.

acerzr2

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 06:28:52 pm »

Thanks for the responses! One more question, can I create more than one profile? I would like to have one for when I am editing and printing photos and another for when I am just doing everyday stuff like surfing the net. How easy will it be to do this and what needs to be done to switch between profiles? Thanks again!

tho_mas

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 05:26:44 am »

can I create more than one profile?
yes.

How easy will it be to do this and what needs to be done to switch between profiles?
best to look at the Color Navigator manual; it's explained step by step...
Pages: [1]   Go Up