Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many more prints from 3800 when low ink warning comes on?  (Read 1003 times)

AFairley

How many more prints from 3800 when low ink warning comes on?
« on: August 29, 2010, 03:06:07 pm »

I just got my first low ink warning on the Epson 3800 (it's the light light black).  Anyone have an estimate of how many more color 17x22s I can print before it runs dry (understanding that different images will use different amounts of different colors, of course)?  I've ordered a new cart, but would like to be able to pull a couple more prints while I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Thank you.

Vuurtoren

• Creative Landscape and Environmental Portraiture
Re: How many more prints from 3800 when low ink warning comes on?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 03:49:36 pm »

I just got my first low ink warning on the Epson 3800 (it's the light light black).  Anyone have an estimate of how many more color 17x22s I can print before it runs dry (understanding that different images will use different amounts of different colors, of course)?  I've ordered a new cart, but would like to be able to pull a couple more prints while I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Thank you.

You should have an LFP panel that came with the software disc.  this sits on the desktop.  If you go inside that panel it reports tells approximately how many sheets you can print on the remaining ink based on the LOWEST ink cartridge, it will tell you according to the last sheet printed.  On average I can get another Full colour 15 or 20 A4 out on 4% but this is really very dependant on what colours or levels of black are being used.

Kind Regards

Chris
What we see and what we are looking at are often two very different things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up