Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800  (Read 1290 times)

mykee50

Epson 3800
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:41:57 am »

Hello everybody, I'm new here.  This is my first post.  I see an Epson Stylus Photo Pro R3800 on CL for $200.  It comes with 20 carts.  The problem is the magenta isn't registering that it is new and full.  Everything else works fine 

Is this a common problem with this model?  And if it is, is there a cheap fix?  Would any of you buy it?

I just bought an R2200 for $75 with 3 carts and it works great.  I just want to go wider now.

Thanks, Mike

www.cedargrove-creations.com

Vuurtoren

• Creative Landscape and Environmental Portraiture
Re: Epson 3800
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 03:46:19 am »

Hi, can not help you with that little snitch that you have sorry, maybe doubl-check that the chip on the actual ink tank is in good order, use a magnifying glass.  But it could still be a damaged chip even if you see nothing, but that is all the tips I know.

I went to your website.  Ok, so it's not strictly photography but I have to say, if I may, that the excellent and impressive quality of the work was diminished by very bad backgrounds and overall interference with the selling/advertisingself promotion atmosphere.  Photograph these wonderful pieces from either a perfectly level horizontal angle, or from a very low angle, and keep consistent with the angles and keep an eye on background, no interference, keep coloured background reasonably neutral.  Trust me, the presentation of such talented work has been undermined on your website and I hope that you will accept my intentions.

Kindest Regards

Chris.

What we see and what we are looking at are often two very different things.

Pete Berry

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 01:31:42 pm »

Hello everybody, I'm new here.  This is my first post.  I see an Epson Stylus Photo Pro R3800 on CL for $200.  It comes with 20 carts.  The problem is the magenta isn't registering that it is new and full.  Everything else works fine 

Is this a common problem with this model?  And if it is, is there a cheap fix?  Would any of you buy it?

Thanks, Mike

www.cedargrove-creations.com

A defective chip is an occasional cart new problem, and with 20 carts, there should be another to try. Sounds to me like this is a great deal for the ink alone if the ink's in date and most are full - $50 each at discounting retailers.

You've got great talent in your wood sculpting!

Pete

mykee50

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 01:38:52 pm »

Thanks Chris, as you can tell, I'm no photographer, just point and shoot on the little Sony camera.  I'm going to take some photraphy and Photoshop classes this Fall.

As for the $10 a year website, it was just to show people what I was doing, not really to sell from.  Thanks for the critique, I'll try get better as time goes by.

On the 3800, I wonder if it COULD be some thing as simple as the chip reader?  Good idea.

Mike

Vuurtoren

• Creative Landscape and Environmental Portraiture
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 04:37:50 pm »

Hi Mike, how are things?  Yes I see you have outstanding creations there. Hope that you will be able to presentthem in their full drama as time goes by.  Sometimes we have to overdo things a bit in photographic representations of our artwork in order to balance out the limitations of not being able to feel and touch an object.  Success with your studies and feel free to post questions about Photoshop when you want.  I'll keep an eye on that if I can.

kind regards
Chris
What we see and what we are looking at are often two very different things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up