Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aftermarket tall ink carts for Hp B9180...bigger than 28millilitre?  (Read 1004 times)

Pacific Photos

• dont quit your day job marty

While contemplating buying a much larger, way more expensive Canon or Epson or Hp.(for the larger, more economical ink carts.)....I wondered if anyone has figured a way to put larger inkcarts in the venerable HP B9180...which has been known to make some pretty decent 13x19" prints.  The largest and only  ink carts available are 28 milliltre pigment "Vivera" units, and sell now at about $ 41. inc. Ca. sales tax....if ya do the math, you can see why I wanna get a big Epson or Canon with huge ink carts ...but may wanna take a 2nd look at "mcGyver ing" some larger ink carts on to this rig. Anybody done something with this printer like this??  I am presently "stuck" with the B9180.
I must prove that this remarkable new product will quickly make money for my Sicilian Wife.

KevinWilliams

Re: aftermarket tall ink carts for Hp B9180...bigger than 28millilitre?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 05:11:19 pm »

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the large cartridges. i've seen similar ones out there for other hp printers. I use tall refillable cartridges on my z2100. There are also continuous ink systems out there that would also give you more ink capacity. Definitely worth doing.

welder

Re: aftermarket tall ink carts for Hp B9180...bigger than 28millilitre?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 11:46:33 am »

I actually still have a B9180. Don't know about tall cartridges but I used refillable inks and cartridges from Hefger Media. The refillable cartridges are the same size as the OEM ones. But the ink works really well, just as nice as the Vivera inks and it is nicely priced.

Unfortunately the printer doesn't work as well as the inks do....on average it ruins 1 out of evey 4 prints with head strikes at the end of a print (even on thin paper), which is why I don't use it anymore except for the occasion I need to print something on plain paper or something. I'm considering just trashing the printer, but I still have a full set of ink bottles from Hefger (several of them unopened). I'm considering selling off the ink, if you're intereseted.... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up