Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z 3100 problem  (Read 3696 times)

dseelig

Z 3100 problem
« on: August 27, 2010, 05:07:25 pm »

I tried to make a print and had a bad ink catridge replaced it I cannot cancel out the previous job it is not printing it but will not cancel it. What do I do? Thanks David

Dick Roadnight

Re: Z 3100 problem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 05:24:05 pm »

I tried to make a print and had a bad ink catridge replaced it I cannot cancel out the previous job it is not printing it but will not cancel it. What do I do? Thanks David
¿Have you tried switching the printer off and on again?

¿restarting the software?

¿restarting the computer?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Rocco Penny

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 07:16:42 pm »

also I once inserted the cartridge in a manner inconsistent with proper guidelines.
The carriage shakes and shudders to scare you into submission.
Then it conveys a weird message that is fixed upon reseating correctly.
I would make absolutely sure the cartridge in question is seated properly before proceeding with anything.
Then,
since you can replace the print easily enough, unless it is a one off or something,
cancel all print jobs both in the driver, and color center controls,
on the front panel of the z and on the computer(qimage or whatever)
make sure you cancel all jobs.\
Then do a hard restart, disconnecting the computer from the printer
Start both alone disconnected.
If it all works right,
turn off the computer connect the usb, and off you go I'll guess.
I have had numerous issues that I solved each time by following this protocol.
When it wouldn't resolve, it was a bad formatter.
Not to say I think that I know what your deal is, I don't.
But a hard restart cured 99% of issues I've had similar to yours

dseelig

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 04:58:30 pm »

The printer restart solved my problems thanks David

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 06:19:02 pm »

after 3,5 years of perfect duty- My z3100 starts having real problems.

a little aerosol Fan stopped working - HP repairs at a price of 1000 euro standard!

By using the service manual i put the HP part in myself - 19 euro!
This service manual is really handy! If you do not have it i can put it online for download.

Butt now an other part has stopped working properly - the starwheel motor-  more work to change that one...
It seems like HP puts some parts in that are made to serve 3 years... My computer fan never broke down ever...

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

J Vee

• J Vee Graphics
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 07:33:31 pm »

I am having a somewhat similar problem, which used to be cured by the "hard start".  Now most of the time it is not, or I get maybe one print out before crash.  The usual panel error is 79.04 or 79.01.  Manual says = firmware problem.  Have reinstalled latest firmware, reinstalled Mac 10.6, reinstalled Photoshop CS5, checked computer memory, all to no avail.  Do have maint manual.  Does this sound like formatter problem.  Hard to replace? ???
J Vee

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 06:56:30 pm »

Just finished my second repair. After some problems ( I caused myself)  it seems to work well again-
the 79.xy errors are said to be related to firmware but i got one because i touched the lever by accident while it was doing something-
also i got a power failure error 03 that was related to my bad repair- after reconnecting all the wires it was gone.

I just want to say it tries to explain an error but is sometimes wrong.
After 2000 ml of ink I am starting to replace some printheads that are supposed to be working 1000ml.
The ink waste of the machine is marginal. ( not so with epson)
I must say it is a beautiful build machine and very economical.
After 3,5 years of usage ( as a photographer ) I am on 30% of the first maintenance kit

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

J Vee

• J Vee Graphics
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 12:30:39 pm »

I mentioned the 79 errors.  Found out how to run the internal diagnostics and get two errors.  One is that the Star Wheel Lifters have limits of 3000 to 3600 and mine are 3651.  Second one is on Carriage assembly and all is OK until I get to Test LIne Sensor where I get FAIL with Error 55.11.  After a cold start I can usually still get one, or maybe two prints, before the 79 error.  BUT if I try to transmit (either USB or net) a second file while it is printing, the printer crashes with error 79.  I did remove and clean all contacts for the heads and they do check out OK.  The manual says, for 55.11, to: 1: Cold restart (done as outlined above), 2: Do carriage test (done), 3: Check line sensor connections to the Carriage PCA, 4: Replace line sensor (not quite sure yet what this is). 5: Replace carriage PCA.

Has anyone gone through something like this or knows any more about it, have advice?
J Vee

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 06:42:05 pm »

Do you have the service manual?

If not i could send it.

About the starwheel lifter:  I got the same outside the specs message and after some time the lifter was broken.
It took some work to replace it ( 11 euro) I also replaced the motor.  total 40 euro.
I suggest if you repair it yourself take some pictures of how things were before you started :) :)
good luck

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Shutterbug2006

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 01:58:11 am »

Off topic, every day for the past two weeks, when I arrive at my office every morning, my z3100 shows a power supply error message on the LCD panel and a prompt to unplug the AC. It starts back up just fine. I've noticed the fan was making rrrr rrrr rrrr vacuum cleaner noises randomly lately. It craps out after I leave the office, never when I am there.  I haven't been too worried yet since everything is working after disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable.

I need to make some space so I can take the printer apart. I haven't done this before, so I want to take my time. I have downloaded a repair manual for the z-series but I haven't looked at it yet. Hopefully getting at the innards isn't too difficult.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 05:43:29 pm »

...... Hopefully getting at the innards isn't too difficult.

replacing the so called  aerosol fan    is a piece of cake. and costs ca 20 euro
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

mshowe

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 07:05:28 pm »

Regards! i have the z3200 model,will the service man. work for this model? if so i would be very grateful if you would post it for download thanks! Milt

Aleglo

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 12:29:31 pm »

can anyone tell me where to find the 'service manual' of the HP Z3100

where can I order spare parts of that printer?

Thanks a lot

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 03:06:26 am »

Z3100 Wiki pages

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up