Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: University courses in the US for a mature student  (Read 1445 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
University courses in the US for a mature student
« on: August 27, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »


I'm looking for a little help regarding my desire to return to university to study photography for the 2011 intake with the ultimate aim of obtaining work as a travel photographer.

I would like to study at one of the major cities in the US with New York being first choice (TISCH has been recommended). My knowledge of the US college system is not great and I have the following initial queries:

1. Do I need to pursue a Photography Honours degree first or can I aim to bypass this and start a Masters straightaway?
2. Any recommendations for schools to focus my research on?
3. Any advice at this early stage?

Fwiw, I am a UK citizen with a non-related Honours degree and 10 years of work experience in finance. I also fully note the fee, portfolio etc... requirements.



  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 349
Re: University courses in the US for a mature student
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »


You may wish to investigate the possibility of attending the School of Image Arts at Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada. Since the school is in Canada you get the benefit of keeping the spelling of colour as colour and not color. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up