Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Induro tripod A413 heavy but decent legs  (Read 2802 times)

RMorse

Induro tripod A413 heavy but decent legs
« on: August 26, 2010, 02:39:42 pm »

Hi folks, I have been looking at heavy duty tripods for a while and noticed that amazon currently has the aluminum induro A413 tripod at a huge discount and I just wanted to pass that along for any one who is interested.  For under $60 shipped you are not likely to find a better set of heavy duty legs; I just recieved my set yesterday and was quite pleasently surprised.

specs: support for up to 26 lbs, weighs 8 lbs, 3 section aluminum (thick) legs, twist lock, includes spike feet and rubber tips.  I'd be happy to answer Q's if anyone has any.  I got these to use with longer lenses and for those times when I dont have to hike very far (I have the bogen 3021 legs for lighter use).

Somewhere on the LL main page is a review article on the carbon version of these legs (positively reviewed), and those are also on sale, albeit much more expensive than these at around $200.  They also have a light set for under $30 (A113 legs) which may be suitable as a light slr+kit lens travel-pod.  For $30 shipped , it could even be used as a light stand...  Just google 'Induro tripod amazon A413' and you should see them.  Cheers, RM. 

RMorse

Re: Induro tripod A413 heavy but decent legs
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:31:54 pm »

I should note that the specs on amazon are WRONG for the A113 tripod (but they are good for the A413).  I believe the max load for the 113 set of legs is ~ 10 lbs and it weighs ~4 lbs.  Don't shoot the messenger!

RMorse

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 12:32:21 pm »

Update
the A413 legs are no longer available at that price  ???, so... hopefully some folks were able to get in on the deal.  Let me know what you think about it if you were able to get one.

The 113 is still there for $27, though I am not too certain of its use for serious shooting.

JBerardi

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:29:39 pm »

Amazon also has the carbon fiber version of those legs (C-413, reviewed on LL here) on sale for $205. They list at $916, although they're the old model so that doesn't mean much... more realistically, B&H is selling a used pair for $350. Still, $205 new is a steal. I certainly couldn't pass it up.

Oddly, the lower capacity models are also discounted, but not as much. And not just proportionally, they actually cost more: the C-313s are $280, C-213s are $370. The pattern kind of corrects itself at the C-113 for $327, but still, very strange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up