Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Returning to L.L. site after 5 years and SmF wont let me have my old user name!  (Read 1605 times)

Pacific Photos

• dont quit your day job marty

Hey Guyz...Pacific Photos was my old handle....still exists as a "member" but smf "engine" wont let me take it back??  Now out of frustration and eagerness to "jump" back into the Luminous Landscape I chose another user name which  ( I found out yesterday, 8-23-'10) conflicts with a business in my area, "Surf Shots".
2.)  I went to change it today on "change profile info" and  smf "web engine" says that my old name Pacific Photos belongs to some one else  (me!)  help me please if you can, tnx in advance
3.) are "newbies" allowed to put a "face" in the post area??
Sincerely "Surf Shots"  wannaabee  "Pacific Photos".....help help.
I must prove that this remarkable new product will quickly make money for my Sicilian Wife.

mguertin

In order to re-claim your old login it must tied to an email address that you have access to and you'll have to reset the password on that account -- which requires the system to send an email to that account to authorize.  If you no longer have access to that email address then please PM me the email address that you want to use currently and which member account you want to use it with.

Also important to know is that we are not able to "merge" multiple accounts, and that no 2 accounts can use the same email address.  If you want to change the current account to the old name all the history and posts associated with the old account will have to be deleted.  If you want to take over the old account we'll have to reset the email and the password -- which means that any new posts you've made in this account will go away.

Pacific Photos

Thank you mark for answering so quikly.  I did go to the change account info page, but continue to be thwarted by "that user is already taken" in red!  I also started the process with the mandatory "enter your current lula password at the bottom of the page? Help me sir! tnx. "Pacific Photos". but now "shackled" as  "Surf Shots".
I must prove that this remarkable new product will quickly make money for my Sicilian Wife.

mguertin

I've removed the old account and have changed your Display Name to be Pacific Photos.  Worth noting is that your login credentials are not changed (i.e. to login you still use whatever you signed up with which I think is Surf Shots).

Pacific Photos

Thank you very much mark. It is truly remarkable how quikly you got me "fixed up", Sincerely, Pacific Photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up