Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPSIZING PHOTOS  (Read 1721 times)

bellimages

• http://www.bellimages.com
UPSIZING PHOTOS
« on: August 23, 2010, 03:15:05 pm »

I posted this on another forum, but thought that I might get an additional response here ......

Okay, I've read articles on this through the years, but am ready to upsize a photo. Off hand, how much could I increase a photo that's 18" long @ 300 ppi? It's important that I see no visible loss of quality.

And, if this is possible. What is the best method to upsize?
Jan Bell, Owner/Photographer, Bell Image

elf

Re: UPSIZING PHOTOS
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:20:09 pm »

I posted this on another forum, but thought that I might get an additional response here ......

Okay, I've read articles on this through the years, but am ready to upsize a photo. Off hand, how much could I increase a photo that's 18" long @ 300 ppi? It's important that I see no visible loss of quality.

And, if this is possible. What is the best method to upsize?

You can upsize it to billboard size with no visible loss of quality as long as you increase the viewing distance as well.

There really is no way to answer your question as stated.  It depends on the quality of the original as well as the subject.

EvoM

Re: UPSIZING PHOTOS
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 04:44:35 am »

Don't like doing it myself but sometime ya gotta.

You might look at Photozoom Pro (on Mac, maybe PC too???) as after testing I found it does a "slightly" better job that Genuine Fractals & various PS techniques.
It has lots of exotic methods of interpolation in there to try/choose.

Evo
Pages: [1]   Go Up