Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: print order while using grids in print module  (Read 1744 times)

Tony B.

print order while using grids in print module
« on: August 22, 2010, 06:30:51 pm »

I am trying to print 12 photo's in 3 columns and 4 rows (back of calendar).  I would like to have the images in month order.

But, when I select an image it is putting the most left image in the filmstrip to the left grid, most right image to right grid and center image to center grid.  Example I have 12 images labelled 1 through 12 in the filmstrip.  If I select #'s 7,3,9 for the 1st row it will add them in order 3,7,9 but I want them added in 7,3,9 order.

I have not been able to move images around in the filmstrip (trying to drag and drop or to arrange in rating order) to adjust for this.

I normally print with qimage but figured I will try a little printing with lightroom.

I figure there might be an easy way to do this so looking for some help.

Thanks, Tony

Rusty

• http://www.woodsgift.ca/
Re: print order while using grids in print module
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 11:49:41 pm »

You can re-order your images in the film strip. The thing to know is to be in grid, not loupe view to be able to do this. In grid view drag your images around in the film strip.

Tony B.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 11:14:49 am »

Rusty, thanks for the information but I can not get it to work, in the library module with grid view.  Unless there is a key I need to hold down to move the images I can not figure it out.  I have tried holding down the left mouse button and I have not been able to figure out how to drag them around.
Not sure if version matters but I have version 2.3 on a PC.

Any other ideas

Tony

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 03:34:48 pm »

It's been a long time since I used LR 2.x, but if I remember correctly, one of the vagaries of LR2 is that you can't reorder images in a collection - only within the folders.

Mike.

P.S. Just opened LR 2.7 and that appears to be the case.
If your mind is attuned t

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 05:31:19 am »

Another thing to note, if you are in grid view, you have to make sure the actual folder the pictures are in is selected in the left-hand folder directory.  If a higher level folder is selected, you will not be able to move the pictures, it has to be the actual folder.

Jim

Tony B.

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 10:46:06 am »

Thanks for the extra information.  I guess I will have to print with qimage.  I have a collection of images from many folders so I can not have the actual folder selected.

Anyways, thanks again, I just thought I would try printing more with LR and layouts.

But, since I will have to export I could rename the files to the order I need then reimport that folder back into LR.  I might have to give that a try.

Tony

Tony B.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 11:14:40 am »

OK, once I exported to folder to have all 12 images in 1 folder I renamed them in the number order I wanted and reimported back to LR.
The renumbering did not do much as LR did not organize them in file name order.

But, in the library module and in grid mode I was able to now drag and drop the images in the order I wanted in the filmstrip area.  I did not try in the grid area.

Thanks for all the help.

Tony
Pages: [1]   Go Up