Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: South-West USA landscape tour  (Read 4349 times)

jeffreybehr

• Happily retired accountant
South-West USA landscape tour
« on: January 09, 2003, 05:29:45 pm »

thelsloot, two books to buy now are here-- http://www.phototripusa.com/E_Guidebooks.html.  I have the first and it's very useful.  Buy them now to help you plan your trip.  Use a search engine like Google to find van rentals.  I would expect LV to have lots available.

One caution...it gets HOT, damned hot in fact, in the southwestern deserts in the summer.  If your trip is around March thru May, I suggest visiting the desert locations early in that period rather than late.  May is SUMMER is the deserts.

I hope you enjoy planning and taking your trip.

thelsloot

South-West USA landscape tour
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 09:36:48 am »

We are also planning to visit PMA in Las Vegas in March.  So we find the replies to the other PMA question very interesting.  Our question is this: We have 3 months to do a phototour of the South-West and are thinking of renting a small campervan.  Can anyone recommend a place where we can do this cheaply?  (We could also get a car if it's a lot cheaper and stay in motels.)  We had thought of buying a van, but have heard that it is very difficult to get insurance if you do not live in the States.  Any suggestions on the subject of camper/car hire would be much appreciated.
P.S. Is the PMA a good place to find books on shooting locations?
Pages: [1]   Go Up