Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 preview does not match PS  (Read 9680 times)

nilo

C1 preview does not match PS
« on: August 17, 2010, 04:43:12 pm »

Hi,

When I compare the c1 RAW preview, it does not match the processed Tif in PS/CS5 (especially in tone). I think it's due to the different profiles of my three monitors being picked up by PS and by C1. Just which application picks which profiles and how to change that, I don't know.

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

BTW I am here on PC Win7/64/8Ram ATI HD5700series with a PA241 (DisplayPort), a Flexscan (DVI) and a cheap LG for office work. All three screens match quite well.

I had reasonable good print to PS match in color and quite good in shadows and highlights. Here it is the same thing, brightness matches better color between C1 and PS.

The problem persist even when I have C1 and Ps run on the same screen with no external viewers.

I hope this will not be to difficult to solve  :-[.

nino

P.S.: It all started after I got new furniture for the digital darkroom, an therefore had to rewire, unplug and replug everything. I than also added a third cheap screen to that workstation, in order to save mainly on the PA241.

EDIT: maybe I should have posted this in color management?!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:51:57 pm by Nino Loss »

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
Re: C1 preview does not match PS
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 06:08:11 am »

What settings do you have in:

a) PS color settings?
b) C1 Proof profile?
c) C1 output profile
d) System color settings

i have an calibrated display profile in D) and B) and sRGB in C) and A) and wall matches well

nilo

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 12:04:34 pm »

What settings do you have in:

a) PS color settings?
b) C1 Proof profile?
c) C1 output profile
d) System color settings

i have an calibrated display profile in D) and B) and sRGB in C) and A) and wall matches well

Thank you QWZ for your reply

for
a) PS color settings I have ProPhoto RGB
b) C1 Proof profile none (as output profile)
c) C1 output profile is Prophoto RGB
d) system color settings: advanced settings:
   -  each of the three monitors has his own profile active (default)
   - "use my settings for this device" is ON
   - and I just discovered that I am clueless as to what to put in "Advanced" (I did not change anything there)

craigwashburn

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 11:25:43 am »

Which version of PS and C1?  There was a change in Vista (carried into 7) with how applications get the monitor profile and CS3 and below (I'm still in CS3 at the moment) only use the Primary display's profile, even if not on the primary display, which leads to mismatches...    CS4/5 has fixed this issue.

nilo

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 07:07:23 pm »

Which version of PS and C1?  There was a change in Vista (carried into 7) with how applications get the monitor profile and CS3 and below (I'm still in CS3 at the moment) only use the Primary display's profile, even if not on the primary display, which leads to mismatches...    CS4/5 has fixed this issue.

I use PS/CS5 and C1 5.1.2 Beta "out of memory fix".

Anyone? I am clueless.

nilo

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 01:48:22 am »

Ok. I solved that problem!

I am not ashamed to tell you that one screen was a little bit off, regarding its calibration ;). Now everything is back to normal. As to why that suddenly occurred, I still don't know. A sudden drift? The PA is new and the so is the Eizo, which is a replacement, while under warranty.

kind regards and thank you for your help

nino
Pages: [1]   Go Up