Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raleigh area Fall Foliage  (Read 5843 times)

Carl Gandolfo

Raleigh area Fall Foliage
« on: November 15, 2002, 06:03:22 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Matthew,

Great posts of the fall colors!  It's funny that you are just experiencing peak colors in Raleigh.  I was in Asheville about three-four weeks ago and they were then hitting peak.  The colors there were SPECTACULAR!!! Not surprising what a little elevation can do!

Just curious as to what you were shooting with and in what mode (Raw vs. JPEG).

Thanks for the post[/font]

Marshal

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 12:17:01 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Thanks for sharing those pics with us Matthew. They're great.[/font]

MatthewCromer

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 09:29:41 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Michael's article and photographs on Fall Colors inspired me, so I went out this past weekend.  Colors are peaking in the Raleigh, NC area this past week or so.  Duke Forest is looking particularly nice, especially in the section where New Hope Creek flows through (Korstian Division).  Here are some images I took on Saturday.

[/font]

MatthewCromer

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 09:30:47 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Shooting a Sony DSC-F707.  ISO 100.

The Sony only shoots JPEG, but it has a pretty darn good sharp zeiss lens and dynamic range (for a digital camera).  I hope at some point to upgrade to a D60 or 1Ds or the Kodak 14MP, but for now it lets me have fun and doesn't break the bank.

Glad you liked the pictures.  That last picture is a reflection, which is kinda hard to tell from the small image.  I'd have to say honestly that last Saturday was my most productive photography day ever.  I got about 6 strong, print-worthy landscape images (for my standards anyway).  I'd NEVER imagined that there was this much good landscape material here in the triangle area of NC.[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up