Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best combination for travelling?  (Read 4015 times)

reallyrightshoot

best combination for travelling?
« on: August 17, 2010, 05:10:15 am »

hello, i'm new here. I search for ballhead reviews then i found this site.
I would like to know which gear are you use for travelling??
My present combination is:

D3s,
Kangrinpoche camera plate
SUNWAYFOTO ballhead DB-36TR
Gitzo GT1541T

I am very comfort with them so far, but i would like to know if there's any other combinations that you use for travelling??

reallyrightshoot

Re: best combination for travelling?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:59:58 am »

i guess only me go travelling :(

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:08:29 am »

With a name like "Really Right Shoot" you should know full well where the best ball heads come from. ;D

Just in case... here: http://reallyrightstuff.com/ballheads/02.html
Wild Nature Photo Travel

reallyrightshoot

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:22:41 pm »

;D ;D i like and wanna get a rrs ballhead, but for travelling???? what tripod can it combined with? and put inside the tripod bag??

Greg D

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 08:48:52 am »

You want to go smaller & lighter than the 1541T?  Try the 0531.  I used that with the RRS 25 head for awhile, but got tired of always bending over, so went to the Feisol CT3441s.  This is a great combo for me, but I don't think it has any advantage over your 1541T (except price).  Looks like what you've got is pretty good - anything else would give minimal weight savings unless you give up a good bit of height and go to a head like the RRS 25, which would be marginal for your camera gear.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 07:54:07 am »

I also doubt there's a lighter kit available for such a heavy camera and lens. I use the same Gitzo, and Markins Q3 Traveler which is a ballhead specifically designed for that tripod; the legs close all the way so it takes less space. I would be hesitant to use the combination with such a heavy kit without thoroughly testing it first, though.

Destiny

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:37:19 am »

I am using GT1541T with PhotoClam PC-36NS and I am quite pleased with the weight and what this setup can hold.
In between these two I also have a FLM leveling base.
...::: D700 :: N18-35 3.5-4.5 :: N35 1.8 :: N85 1.8 :: N75-150mm 3.5 :::...

reallyrightshoot

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 02:38:19 am »

I also doubt there's a lighter kit available for such a heavy camera and lens. I use the same Gitzo, and Markins Q3 Traveler which is a ballhead specifically designed for that tripod; the legs close all the way so it takes less space. I would be hesitant to use the combination with such a heavy kit without thoroughly testing it first, though.

As I know, Gitzo 1541t with a Markins Q3t head. Very lightweight and compresses to 17" folded. it's a lifetime investment.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 01:38:05 pm »

If possible, travelers can use Powermat's Portable Mat — a wireless charging station — to charge to charge devices such as a cellphone, MP3 player, iPhone, BlackBerry and Bluetooth headset without their adapters.Anyway,don't forget the battery.

Another option is iGo, which is smaller and lighter, and probably has tips for more products. Still hoping some day I didn't have to lug around the clunky proprietary camera battery chargers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up