Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The obvious  (Read 8642 times)

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
Re: The obvious
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 10:31:10 am »

Something else to think about.  Why stopping down (or similar) for "blurry rushing water"? Is this because everone else does it?  Why don't "they" move their cameras (or similar) so the trees are blurry, or the buildings are blurry, or the sky is blurry, or the animals are blurry, or the people are blurry.  When you stop to "think" about it...it's only a very hackneyed way of portraying something.  Blurry rushing water is not "de facto"... nice.  This is the something else to think about...
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

BradSmith

Re: The obvious
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 08:02:40 pm »

I only photograph for my own (and family and friend's) enjoyment and subsequent enjoyment in viewing.  I don't try to sell any of my photography.  That makes things so much easier.   So when I'm photographing, I have only two questions.   

The first is.....Will my family and friends like it?  This usually isn't very important to me.   

So in most cases, that leaves me with only one question, and that is.......Do I like it?  This is the important question.   This is what I care about.   I could care less if one person or two hundred million people have taken that image or similar images. 

If you're not a photographer shooting to earn money, then take and enjoy the pictures that YOU enjoy.  Don't be worried about other people's opinions unless you're primarily photographing to please others.   Now that might mean that I, or others might not like your subject matter, or find it ''boring", or not like your technique......... but so what?

Brad
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up