Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schneider 55mm Tilt-Shift 645 lens...SOLD...  (Read 4630 times)

narikin

Schneider 55mm Tilt-Shift 645 lens...SOLD...
« on: August 16, 2010, 07:06:31 am »

Extremely Rare Schneider 55mm PCS Super-Angulon f4.5/ 55mm Perspective Control lens for Tilt-Shift work.
This lens was very expensive when released, and is probably the ultimate tilt-shift lens for 645 format cameras.

what is special is that it shifts in both directions - horizontal and vertical - and can tilt at the same time for perspective control.  This is very rare: 3 axis movements, each with their own control.  This means you can do architecture work with perfect verticals, and, if you want, add tilt for extended depth of field, or the opposite - shallow focus look.  Also, very importantly you can stitch with your MF digital back files, 2 or 4 way on the huge 104mm image circle. Shift to one end, take a shot, shift the lens across to the other end, take another. Use Photoshop to Auto-stitch them perfectly, and get a giant file, with a quality not obtainable in a single shot.  Why buy an Alpa when this lets you stitch with your Hasselblad, looking through the lens?!

The lens was released in very small numbers in various mounts, this being one in the Bronica version. You can of course put it on the Bronica camera, or get it modified to another mount, or use an interchangeable adapter to other camera mounts.  I have seen one modified for Hasselblad, and one for Mamiya 645, or there are a number of adapters are available on ebay to convert Bronica lenses to other mounts - please make a search for your specific adapter requirements.  The lens is manual aperture.

The lens is in perfect working order - there are no marks on it optically and only very minor signs of use on outer body - truly very good condition throughout. There are no dents, dings, chips or fungus in the lens at all. It has floating elements and is of course multi coated.

Price is $1650.  New the last list price was over $10,000!  
Please do not confuse this lens with a normal shift lens - it has the optics, abilities and quality way beyond those!

Item ships from NYC, or personal collection welcome.
PM me with any questions, thanks.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:48:07 pm by narikin »

eldonsphotography

Re: Schneider 55mm Tilt-Shift 645 lens for Bronica/Hassleblad/Mamiya
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:19:09 am »

I am interested in this lens but want to make sure I can put it on my Nikon D3s. I have done a search for adapters and found one for Bronica ETR mount... is that the mount for this lens?  Also, if I remember correctly, 55mm for 645 is approximately equal to a 35mm lens in 135 format... correct?
Thank you for your time,
Eldon

hsteeves

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:13:33 pm »

which Bronica camera is this lens for? ETR/SQ/GS or what?

hsteeves

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 08:14:43 pm »

figured it - its a PE so its for the ETR - a 645 lens.

eldonsphotography

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »

I am still very interested in this lens but have not heard from you... please let me know.
Regards,
Eldon

eldonsphotography

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:29 pm »

Funds have been sent... Thank you!

eldonsphotography

Re: Schneider 55mm Tilt-Shift 645 lens...SOLD...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 03:23:11 pm »

I received the lens in fine shape... WOW, this is amazing!
Thank you Paul!
Pages: [1]   Go Up