Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Apple Power Mac G5 Tower Quad 2.5ghtz/8GB Ram/2 HDDS/DL DVD/Airport  (Read 1004 times)

michaelnotar

Apple Powermac G5 quad processor 2.5Ghz tower, with power cord, keyboard, mouse, and original OS X install and Ilife 06 backup discs. It currently has OS 10.5.8 installed on it, but the backup discs are the original ones. It will have the following on it when it arrives: address book, mail, safari v5, firefox v3, itunes v9, iphoto 08, imovie 08, idvd, garage band, dashboard, expose, ichat, spaces.

My exact specs are: quad core 2.5ghz, 8GB of ECC (error correcting...thats the good stuff) Ram, can take up to 16gb, OS HDD is 250gb, 2nd drive is 500GB, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 Graphics w/256mb (Can run 2-23" ACDs not included), has Bluetooth but I dont use it and dont know much about it. Has 1 CD/DVD reader/writer, CD write -R -RW, DVD write -R -RW +R +RW, +RW DL (thats dual layer). I believe its 48x/16x, very fast. Airport Extreme wireless card. USB 2, Firewire 400 and 800, Ethernet connections.

I am photographer, this has been my great workhorse machine for a couple of years with no problems. I am upgrading to an Intel based machine since the main software I use runs best on it. I shoot important events including weddings and stability/security is paramount to me. The computer has an little quark that sometimes, randomly, on shut down/sleep, the fan kicks on full blast and the computer has to be restarted to remedy it. It has never caused any major problem other than an annoyance. Also sometimes the 2nd hard drive, the 500gb will display an odd error message, but when I restart for the other quark, it goes away. Again both quarks have never caused any data lost or performance loss. I used the 2nd hard drive to store my personal portfolio of images that are very dear to me.

I still need to order a new computer and transfer new data before I ship this one. I will ship it in an Apple tower box (from my new tower), by Fedex Ground, fully insured. I fully garantee it to be as described.

$950 OBO +$60 ship
Pages: [1]   Go Up