Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dslr video eyepiece  (Read 8480 times)

thewanderer

Dslr video eyepiece
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:39:21 pm »

Is there an eyepiece or some sort of attachement that you can use attach to the rear view screen so that one can autofocus with zooms and/or bright scenes where the the video screen is not bright or clear enough to manage manual focus.  I am referring to the T2i canon.  It is TERRIBLE for autofocus in video mode, in fact, I would be surprised if it could be considered autofocus,,

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: Dslr video eyepiece
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 02:33:06 am »

Is there an eyepiece or some sort of attachement that you can use attach to the rear view screen so that one can autofocus with zooms
No. You can get clip/strap/bolt on hoods like Hoodman, LCDVF, Zacutu etc that make manual focusing on the rear screen easier, but it won't make AF any better.
It is TERRIBLE for autofocus in video mode, in fact, I would be surprised if it could be considered autofocus,
Yes, AF in vidoe/live view IS terrible. Primarily because it uses contrast detect AF which is slow and not very good. AF is pretty much useless on video generally and is usually the first thing to get switched off by anyone that knows what they're doing. You won't find AF on any professional broadcast camera*.

*Pedantic note:
There are some AF broadcast lenses made by Canon that work OK, but are extremely expensive and rare.

thewanderer

Re: Dslr video eyepiece
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 10:59:54 am »

Thanks,,, yes, I should have used the term "easier" instead of better,,, I will look into those items.

Pages: [1]   Go Up