Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad A16 or the Hasselblad mask on an A12 back?  (Read 6775 times)

jools230575

• Julian Elliott Photography
Hasselblad A16 or the Hasselblad mask on an A12 back?
« on: August 14, 2010, 05:17:01 pm »

Good evening folks

A while ago this forum very kindly helped me with some questions about purchasing a Hassie. So far as to say, I am now a Hassie owner with a 50mm CF FLE, 80mm and 150mm CF lens in my arsenal. I also have a Polaplus back!

Anyway. Looking at expanding my gear a little and I was wondering if it was worth getting an A16 back or going for the film masks that you can put on the A12 back.

Does anyone have experience of either and could recommend one against the other? Do Hasselblad still make the masks?

Thanks again for what I know will be a pleathora of answers  ;D

Rob C

Re: Hasselblad A16 or the Hasselblad mask on an A12 back?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 03:35:45 am »

Hi Keith

I have a feeling we talked about this at another time, in another place, but the question is: why bother with a manufacturer's fixed set of shapes when, with the square, you can crop to suit anything you like as you see it on the monitor? Surely the benefit of the larger format (to think we think of amost 6x6 as larger forma!) is exactly that it is big enough to allow one to crop to suit papers, mood or original intent?

Rob C

jools230575

• Julian Elliott Photography
Re: Hasselblad A16 or the Hasselblad mask on an A12 back?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 01:42:47 pm »

Interesting debate!

I decided to go the whole hog and get the A16 back. I think it will serve me better in the end and also it won't be so easy to lose. I was abit wary of the masks as they could easily fall out of my kit bag and be gone on a beach or in the middle of nowhere!
Pages: [1]   Go Up