Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom profiles in Nikon Scan  (Read 1329 times)

NigelC

Custom profiles in Nikon Scan
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:11:00 pm »

If you open up preferences in Nikon Scan 4, there is an option to choose a custom profile - is this where you have made a separate profile for the monitor, e.g with a device like Color Munki, or are you supposed to put your monitor profile in here? I'm not sure how to deal with his and I don't have a detailed manual for the software

degrub

Re: Custom profiles in Nikon Scan
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 01:38:39 pm »

Not sure what you mean by detailed, but the manual has always been available for download at Nikon.

Here is a google link

http://library.wlu.ca/digitalstudio/pdf/NikonScan_manual.pdf

page 84. i assume you are asking about monitor tab ?

then yes, you can navigate to the profile after selecting custom and tell the Nikon CMS to use it for display.

Frank
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:45:56 pm by degrub »

WombatHorror

Re: Custom profiles in Nikon Scan
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 05:10:30 pm »

speaking of Nikon scan....

Sadly the 5000 seems to be gone but I still see the 9000 listed as current. However, only one or two stores have any in stock and they are charging like a 50% premium over MSRP. A few stores list it as discontinued but other places, including some big ones, list it merely as out of stock, back ordered, etc. I read that someone ordered one and they did receive a new copy a month ago (after a six month wait).

So is the 9000, at least, still in production, even if at a very low and sporadic rate???

EDIT: ok, well B&H got them in yesterday for a few hours before selling out again in a few hours, so it is still in production, but very sporadically and at very low rates
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:58:49 pm by LarryBaum »
Pages: [1]   Go Up