Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How LR recognises Hasselblad cameras  (Read 1055 times)

pflower

How LR recognises Hasselblad cameras
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:18:52 am »

I have just noticed that LR recognises my H3D-39 as simply an H3D.  However I have gone through a period of exporting dngs from Phocus which recognises it as an H3D-39 and writes that information in the EXIF.  According to LR I have two different cameras - the H3D and the H3D-39.  This isn't normally much of a problem since I can filter by selecting both - but it does affect what camera profiles I can use.  For some reason most of the dngs exported by Phocus come up only with an "Embedded" camera profile and I am unable to use the Hasselblad camera profile.

Is there any way of "tweaking" LR so that both cameras are recognised as a single Hasselblad?

Any thoughts

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
Re: How LR recognises Hasselblad cameras
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:35:37 am »

Yes, LR does something similar to this with me, too. My 3FR files are seen as "Hasselblad 500 mechanical", and there is a choice of Adobe or Hasselblad profiles. Whereas DNG files exported from Phocus are seen as "CFV-39" and with an embedded profile. I have to say, it's not something which has ever bothered me - probably because I very rarely work in colour.

John
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:38:05 am by John R Smith »
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an
Pages: [1]   Go Up