Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ever get a lemon printer? Brand new z3200 issues.  (Read 2771 times)

a.lorge

Ever get a lemon printer? Brand new z3200 issues.
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:06:57 pm »

I bought a z3200 to use in conjunction with my aging z3100.  Right out of the box I am having some pretty serious issues with it.  The magenta channel is basically non existant, and there are a substantial number of nozzles not firing on other print heads.  The silver faceplate on the LCD display is delaminating and the LCD display itself flickers (tested to make sure this wasn't a power issue).  Also, after a printing a few alignment charts, a few diagnostic charts, and cleaning the print heads, there was a a thin layer of ink on TOP of the print heads (inside the carriage).  I've never seen that before.  I called HP and they are sending replacement printheads.  I'll give it a shot, but I am skeptical this will solve anything.  It doesn't seem likely that so many brand new printheads could be simultaneously defective.

What would you do in this situation?  I expect a brand new printer to work flawlessly.  If this were a desktop printer (and it wasn't such a hassle to move and ship the thing) I would have already returned it.  Would you let HP repair a brand new printer?  Demand to exchange it for a new one?  Call the credit card company and cancel payment?  Make angry message board posts?  I already did that last one. 

Roscolo

Re: Ever get a lemon printer? Brand new z3200 issues.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:40:05 pm »

Where did you purchase it? Was there any evidence of damage to the carton upon delivery?

Right now you've made them aware of the problems, so I would try the printheads they are sending. If the problem duplicates with new printheads I would probably start asking for a replacement printer (first option) or some sort of complimentary extended multi-year warranty.

SergeyT

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:18:48 pm »

What would you do in this situation?
Do not panic ;)
Ask for a field support engineer to be present on-site to start resolving all the issues ASAP.

Would you let HP repair a brand new printer? 
Absolutely. There is no other way to make it work.

Demand to exchange it for a new one?
I'm afraid that is very unlikely that HP would agree to replace the printer. But it is HP's obligation to make your printer work ASAP.

artobest

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 05:22:47 am »

The silver faceplate delaminating? That's odd - mine seems to be solid aluminium.

trentf

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 01:46:06 pm »

When I bought my 3200 about a year ago  I had a few problems and within 24 hours of calling I had a tech at the studio....  Van full of parts.  If he could not fix it they were going to ship out a new next day..  I have had zero issues with HP on site repair... 
Pages: [1]   Go Up