Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Congratulations on the new software implementation  (Read 43145 times)

Michael West

Congratulations on the new software implementation
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »

Congratulations on the new software implementation.

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
Re: Congratulations on the new software implementation
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:39:54 pm »

All I can say is: it's different! Not an improvement, IMO. Just my dos centavos.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:56:07 pm »

It seems the forum sends a "friendly" email reminder every single time a new topic is created by default - I received a notification of this topic being created. This would get very annoying very fast given the high volume of LL forums.

You can unsubscribe, but I think it should be off by default.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:00:46 pm by feppe »

mguertin

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:02:13 pm »

It seems the forum sends a "friendly" email reminder every single time a new topic is created by default - I received a notification of this topic being created. This would get very annoying very fast given the high volume of LL forums.

What reminder would that be?  It should only send out these reminders if you're subscribed to a topic or subscribed to a forum.  If you've gotten some on either of those things that you are not subscribed to please send me a PM with more information.

Ed Blagden

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 08:03:35 pm »

What happened to the thumbnails of uploaded images?  This is a real loss.

Ed

michael

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:06:19 pm »

All I can say is: it's different! Not an improvement, IMO. Just my dos centavos.
As mentioned on What's New, it isn't different just for the sake of being different, but because the new software's database structure now allows us to introduce a wide range of user oriented features which are linked to membership.

More to come soon.

Michael

feppe

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 08:06:54 pm »

What reminder would that be?  It should only send out these reminders if you're subscribed to a topic or subscribed to a forum.  If you've gotten some on either of those things that you are not subscribed to please send me a PM with more information.

Below the email I received. I hadn't changed any settings with the board so I assumed it was on by default. I turned it off and will keep my eye on it.

A new topic, 'Congratulations on the new software implementation', has been made on a board you are watching.

You can see it at
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=45382.new#new

More topics may be posted, but you won't receive more email notifications until you return to the board and read some of them.

Unsubscribe to new topics from this board by clicking here: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=notifyboard;board=12.0

mguertin

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 08:08:17 pm »

What happened to the thumbnails of uploaded images?  This is a real loss.

Ed

Working on them right now.  They should come back in the near future and will work as expected for new uploads.

feppe

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 08:10:29 pm »

Also, I can see people's emails. For example I can see Michael's @rogers.com email address next to his post above. Perhaps he doesn't mind it being posted, but it's probably something one wouldn't want to be posted for all members to see due to bots.

Mine is off in board settings but I can see it when logged on. When logged off I can't see it. Can someone verify if they can see my @gmail.com address? If not, everything is fine :)

mguertin

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 08:11:11 pm »

Below the email I received. I hadn't changed any settings with the board so I assumed it was on by default. I turned it off and will keep my eye on it.

Ok great, let me know if you see anything else odd.  From that message it seems that you may have been watching that board in the previous forum software (or one of the previous versions before that!)

mguertin

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 08:12:15 pm »

Also, I can see people's emails. For example I can see Michael's @rogers.com email address next to his post above. Perhaps he doesn't mind it being posted, but it's probably something one wouldn't want to be posted for all members to see due to bots.

Mine is off in board settings but I can see it when logged on. When logged off I can't see it. Can someone verify if they can see my @gmail.com address? If not, everything is fine :)

That's something I'm also fixing right now ... the forum seems to like to allow other users to see your email address.  I've already fixed it in one place, will fix it in the main forum listing right now.

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 08:12:30 pm »

Nice, very very nice.  All functionality is still here, you just need to get familiar with the new layout.   Above the text box  ::)  are a bunch of icons, hover your mouse over them and you'll find the insert image button.   Additonal options... below the text box allows you to control notification of replies.

Great Upgrade!
"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 08:13:45 pm »

???
Awful post layout
Craig Lamson Photo

mguertin

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 08:17:05 pm »

That's something I'm also fixing right now ... the forum seems to like to allow other users to see your email address.  I've already fixed it in one place, will fix it in the main forum listing right now.

This is fixed, if anyone else (who is not a site admin as they can see all) notices email addresses showing or linked up anywhere else please let me know.

feppe

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 08:20:26 pm »

Ok great, let me know if you see anything else odd.  From that message it seems that you may have been watching that board in the previous forum software (or one of the previous versions before that!)

I received another email new topic notification from another sub-forum. Perhaps I am subscribed to them all - is there a way to reset them individually or do I just have to wait for the spam to subside as I unsubscribe to them one by one?

This is fixed, if anyone else (who is not a site admin as they can see all) notices email addresses showing or linked up anywhere else please let me know.

Thanks, really appreciate it!

mguertin

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 08:23:33 pm »

I received another email new topic notification from another sub-forum. Perhaps I am subscribed to them all - is there a way to reset them individually or do I just have to wait for the spam to subside as I unsubscribe to them one by one?

Thanks, really appreciate it!

I sent you a PM about this just a couple of minutes ago.

For anyone else that might run into this, you can check your forum/board/topic subscriptions by going to the Profile link in the top menu bar, and then the "Notifications and Email" link on the left.

feppe

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 08:25:19 pm »

I sent you a PM about this just a couple of minutes ago.

For anyone else that might run into this, you can check your forum/board/topic subscriptions by going to the Profile link in the top menu bar, and then the "Notifications and Email" link on the left.

Thanks again! I was indeed subscribed to a few sub-forums, but the tip above is a quick fix!

PS. I just want to see what glow does :)

George Machen

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 08:36:25 pm »

I pored over my account prefs - especially "Look and Layout Preferences," but can't find a way to make the board look like it used to. Is there a "skin" or anything to get the old look back? This is really bothering me!

mguertin

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 08:40:28 pm »

I pored over my account prefs - especially "Look and Layout Preferences," but can't find a way to make the board look like it used to. Is there a "skin" or anything to get the old look back? This is really bothering me!

No, unfortunately this is completely different forum software so there's no going back.

maxgruzen

• http://www.pbase.com/mordicai
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 08:45:17 pm »

Sorry Michael but I prefer the old site.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up