Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon MF Rumor  (Read 20585 times)

revaaron

Re: Canon MF Rumor
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 01:49:08 am »

I had one of those Kodaks for a while and the moiré was not as bad as you describe. It was slightly worse than the 1ds, yet not on all the circumstances.

I think with the newer and better algorithms to process raw files and more computing power we have today, it is possible to have a 35mm FF with a very low pass or no filter at all.
I remember that with the Kodak, as software was being updated (not the Kodak one) and the algorithm became more efficient on demosaicing, though it required more processing time, the results were getting significantly better.
I use the SLR/n all the time. Ma and Pa point and click are going to see moire everywhere and hate it.

but I failed to point out that the place where the AA filter goes means that you have to take the entire camera apart. MFDB that have removable AA's are there because you can pop off the back, unscrew the AA plate, and slap the MFDB back on the camera.  They haven't yet brought backs to the digital world for film cameras and they aren't going to. there is no money in it and they will lose money in the planned obsolesce that is designed into every single one of the uni-body cameras.

bernhardAS

Re: Canon MF Rumor
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 10:05:57 pm »

Just for Fun

Don't forget that Canon had commissioned digital MF Prototypes from Luigi Collani already in 1983 !!!

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/design/kikaku/t90/03_5systems.html ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up