Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak DCS 645c import  (Read 1414 times)

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
Kodak DCS 645c import
« on: January 17, 2005, 01:56:37 pm »

You absolutely will have to upgrade to CS  version 7 will not upload the raw files from Kodak Back (Although you might be able to get a plug in???).
CS supports the raw files very well. I have been using Kodak DCS for Contax and the CS (windows) for about a year. Works great.

angleofview

Kodak DCS 645c import
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 09:01:50 pm »

Card reader is the way to go.  I never got the firewire on mine to work either.  But the results are worth it.

Bill Heinsohn

Kodak DCS 645c import
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 11:33:06 am »

I recently purchased a Kodak DCS ProBack 645 for my Contax 645.
The back captures files well but, I can't get them imported onto my computer.

I'm using the firewire cable from the back to my Mac G4 (OS 10.3.7).
       I downloaded the new version of Kodak Studio Capture 2.0 off Kodaks' website, Plus the CAMERA RAW plug-in.
       Photoshop 7.0 won't import  or open any of the files (.dcr), and Kodak
Studio Capture keeps putting me at a double menu that makes no sense to me. I e-mailed Kodak about 4 days ago to no avail.
       Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I upgrade to Photoshop CS?, (I hear it will open these files.) I have a card reader on the way.

Thanks,
       Bill Heinsohn

Graham Welland

Kodak DCS 645c import
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 02:11:55 pm »

You might want to have the firewire port checked - they are susceptible to being fried on the 645M/C/H and I had a Kodak note with my back warning that this was possible if not connected in the correct order. I'll see if I can find it.

If you have DCS Camera Manager loaded you should see the camera connected via Firewire.

As regards PS CS - if you want ACR support (which won't connect directly) you can either use PS 7 with the ACR plugin or better still use PC CS and the latest ACR version.

There's also PhotoDesk -> TIFF or you could use the Kodak plugin to read files set up by camera manager.
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up