Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drive from Salt Lake City to Page  (Read 7109 times)

ddolde

Drive from Salt Lake City to Page
« on: September 02, 2005, 05:20:46 pm »

-post deleted-
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 11:54:39 pm by ddolde »

howard smith

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 03:21:18 pm »

Try mapblast.com.  It gives either the shortest or quickest route (in this case the same).  it does take you over some dirt roads that are usually quite passable but dusty and bumpy.  I would avoid them if I were going somewhere.  Through Zion is neither short nor quick.

Khurram

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 04:49:20 pm »

well after agonizing over being so close to zion and not having time to actually go there, i managed to re-arrange my vacation schedule at work and now have two extra days.  I've not got one full day at Zion and two half days which means two sunrises as well as two sunsets.

Appreciate some advice on the top sunrise/sunset locations in Zion - as well as some locations to take advantage of the fall colours.

Last time I was there I spent some time in the Narrows, but overall was a bit disappointed - didn't realize i couldn't take my car into the park (wasn't fun lugging around my camera gear and food on the shuttle), and was surprised with the crowds - compared to Bryce.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

Khurram

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 04:56:26 pm »

well after agonizing over being so close to zion and not having time to actually go there, i managed to re-arrange my vacation schedule at work and now have two extra days.  I've not got one full day at Zion and two half days which means two sunrises as well as two sunsets.

Appreciate some advice on the top sunrise/sunset locations in Zion - as well as some locations to take advantage of the fall colours.

Last time I was there I spent some time in the Narrows, but overall was a bit disappointed - didn't realize i couldn't take my car into the park (wasn't fun lugging around my camera gear and food on the shuttle), and was surprised with the crowds - compared to Bryce.
----

Khurram

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 04:03:33 pm »

I'm trying to determine what is the fastest route from Page, AZ to Salt Lake City.
Is it faster going from Page to the I15 (Though Zion) or taking Hwy 89 from Page to UT20 and then to the I15.

I'm not going to have any time to actually spend in Zion, so the only reason i'd be passing through is if it's the fastest route.

I've checked yahoo mapquest, and they recomend the hwy 89-UT20-I15 route, but i know from past experience with Mapquest that there routes look at the shortest distance, but their driving times are inaccurate, bcoz they don't factor in driving through one lane roads you have to slow down through every little small town
----

Khurram

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 11:15:31 pm »

i wish i my trip was longer, but i've got 1 1/2 days to drive back to calgary.  i was only able to get a pass for the wave 3 days before the end of my holidays. so i had a choice of either another trip to sedona/bryce/zion at the start of my trip or Yellowstone/tetons Moab before going to Page, and since i havent been to the Tetons in the fall before i choose for the latter.
----

camilla

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 09:48:16 am »

In my modest opinion it is shorter to go via 20 to I15 but.. how can you pass up seeing Zion in the fall, even if it is not a long stay.. what I would find out is when the shuttle season ends and you can drive your own car. I believe it's not until November but you can check on their website. If you have already seen Bryce and Zion, well then 20 is the answer, if not, you will be driving by two jewels. I understand the dilemma and the drive back, especially all the way to Calgary. Have you ever been through Highway 12 in fall... aspens on Boulder Mountain? I have never seen anything that gorgeous, not even in the Tetons. However every one of those places has its own magic. You can pick and choose and that in itself is a great pleasure. Lots of luck and advise if you need anything else

Khurram

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 04:52:59 pm »

----
Pages: [1]   Go Up