Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo is offline or missing problem  (Read 1516 times)

Steve Ralser

• http://www.stevenralserphoto.com
photo is offline or missing problem
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:25:43 am »

I've just started using LR3 (maybe I should have waited and watched the videos), and am having a problem locating the missing photos.  I know where the photos are.  When I go to locate the photo - the first thing I see is a little red circle with a minus sign in  on the folder icon next to hard drive name  (these are on an external drive).  I can go to the photo in question, select it and nothing happens.  I tried moving the photos to the internal drive and tried to locate the photos again - and nothing happened.  I never had this problem in LR2.  I did recently upgrade form a Mac Book with leopard to a imac with SL.

any suggestions for a  cure.

thanks

Steve

vandevanterSH

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 02:40:27 pm »

Quote from: Steve Ralser
I've just started using LR3 (maybe I should have waited and watched the videos), and am having a problem locating the missing photos.  I know where the photos are.  When I go to locate the photo - the first thing I see is a little red circle with a minus sign in  on the folder icon next to hard drive name  (these are on an external drive).  I can go to the photo in question, select it and nothing happens.  I tried moving the photos to the internal drive and tried to locate the photos again - and nothing happened.  I never had this problem in LR2.  I did recently upgrade form a Mac Book with leopard to a imac with SL.

any suggestions for a  cure.

thanks

Steve
I just experienced the same problem last night.  I was going to print a few photos that I worked on a few weeks ago and got the same message.   I tried to re-import the original RAWs and got the message that photos already exit.  I can't find them.  There seem to be some strange behavior with LR3.

Steve

Steve Ralser

• http://www.stevenralserphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:59:39 pm »

Quote from: vandevanterSH
I just experienced the same problem last night.  I was going to print a few photos that I worked on a few weeks ago and got the same message.   I tried to re-import the original RAWs and got the message that photos already exit.  I can't find them.  There seem to be some strange behavior with LR3.

Steve

I figured one way out.  Rather than do it from the photo, I did it form the folder structure on the rhs of the grid view.  I found the folder which was missing (it was greyed out) and then located this rather than locating an individual photo.  There was some info about this on the adobe help section on their web site.

Steve

vandevanterSH

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:02:31 pm »

Quote from: Steve Ralser
I figured one way out.  Rather than do it from the photo, I did it form the folder structure on the rhs of the grid view.  I found the folder which was missing (it was greyed out) and then located this rather than locating an individual photo.  There was some info about this on the adobe help section on their web site.

Steve

Thanks for the help.  Is this behavior considered a bug or a feature of LR3?

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up