Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 7D Exposure Compensation  (Read 4497 times)

andrewj

Canon 7D Exposure Compensation
« on: July 30, 2010, 12:05:00 pm »

Hi, I'm having an odd problem with my new Canon 7D. I can't get any change in exposure compnesation just using the quick control dial in its "default" mode. Yes, I have checked the lock switch, and it's fine if I go into the "quick" screen and dial it in there, but if I just press the shutter button half-way and turn the dial nothing happens.

BTW I've had a 40D for years, so I know how it should work...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Andrew

AndrewKulin

• http://www.andrewkulin.com
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 06:30:44 pm »

Quote from: andrewj
Hi, I'm having an odd problem with my new Canon 7D. I can't get any change in exposure compnesation just using the quick control dial in its "default" mode. Yes, I have checked the lock switch, and it's fine if I go into the "quick" screen and dial it in there, but if I just press the shutter button half-way and turn the dial nothing happens.

BTW I've had a 40D for years, so I know how it should work...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Andrew

I have 40D too (no 7D) and not sure what the lock switch is, but on 40D if you have camera powered to the On switch (the detent half-way between off and the hockey-stick shaped fully On detent) then you cannot do exposure compensation (and this assumes the 7D has a similar power switch arrangement).  And if that's what you meant by the lock switch my apologies.

[size=12p

andrewj

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 06:40:06 pm »

No, the 7D is different, with a separate switch to lock the dial. I've come to the conclusion that this actually has a hardware fault - I can get the dial working if I press the lock switch a certain way. I'm going to have to get my camera exchanged.
Thanks anyway
Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up