Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dawn Shot  (Read 4941 times)

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Dawn Shot
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 04:19:06 pm »

I much prefer the B&W

Phil Indeblanc

Dawn Shot
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 04:51:23 pm »

Quote from: ivokwee
I like the color version a lot. However to me the left tree is somehow too much. A crop with just mountains a the right tree feels much less crowded. Beautiful shot in any case.

That left tree anchors the image, you don't want to remove it and create a shift imbalance.
It is just right the way it is.

Im just not a fan of the rainbow tech color..as one mentioned the point it goes purpleish blue...But, this image makes that perspective a little more pleasing.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

ivokwee

• http://www.fotoclublugano.com/~ivo/portfolio
Dawn Shot
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 05:35:26 pm »

Quote from: Phil Indeblanc
That left tree anchors the image, you don't want to remove it and create a shift imbalance.
It is just right the way it is.

Im just not a fan of the rainbow tech color..as one mentioned the point it goes purpleish blue...But, this image makes that perspective a little more pleasing.

No need to "anchor" this image. The whole point is a floating tree(s) in the water. The left tree is ugly anyway, no fine branches. But more importantly, the two trees tear the image apart. My eyes go from left to right, back and forth and I can't easily explore the other parts (mountain, grass), even focussing on one tree is difficult because the other tree distracts. Of course it's maybe personal but I would like to create more rest in this image because there are many beautiful elements. The mountains will return the balance to the right tree if you're afraid of shift balance. Just my opinion.

DarkPenguin

Dawn Shot
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 11:21:06 pm »

I like the b+w version.  As to the color one the upper right bugs me a lot.  That blue is just a little too crayola.  If it wasn't for that the color version would crush.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up