Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QTR on 7880 - Problems with calibration Tiff file  (Read 1349 times)

PeterHruby

QTR on 7880 - Problems with calibration Tiff file
« on: July 24, 2010, 12:32:47 pm »

Hello,

I`m new to the QTR. I`m trying to set a profile and curves for 7880 printer and Ilford Galerie Gold Fibre Silk Paper. I`m following User Guide by Tom Moore and QTR Workflow by Amadou Diallo and I`m stuck, I can't print properly  calibration tiff file. As you can see on the pictures QTR print all black and PS prints them all as original. «they`re not being converted to separate ink scales. Im using QTR 2.7`and PS5. What Am I doing wrong?

I'm stuck.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:33:55 pm by PeterHruby »

PeterHruby

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 06:22:49 pm »

Well, I found the solution but I didn't entirely narrowed the problem. I know for sure that driver is not an issue because 32 bit and 64 bit drivers both did it. But, I succeeded with QTR 2.6.2 version, not 2.7.0 version. Also, I switched from network connectivity to USB connectivity. So, it is either newest version of QTR ot it is network vs. USB connection.

I also have CS5 and CS3 installed simuntaneously. Maybe CS3 settings helped too. Anyway, works.

PeterHruby

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:22:21 pm »

I just found out that there is a patch for QTR 2.7 which must be applied to fix imagetoraster.exe and one other program. This patch must be applied before printing calibration sheet.

Also, I'm almost finished doing curve profile for Ilford Gallerie Gold Fibre Silk. If anyone is interested it the neutral will be available for testing for free, I will have full set of curves (Warm, Cold, Selenium, Sepia, Gold, PT-PD, Iron, Blue and split toned for a small fee $9.99 in a week or two. I will keep you posted.

Peter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up