Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q for Chris S - Audio device used in LR3 vid  (Read 2382 times)

jwhee0615

Q for Chris S - Audio device used in LR3 vid
« on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:06 pm »

Chris S., Can you comment on the audio recorder you are now using in the LR3 tut video? What model is it and how do you like compared to a mic?

michael

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 10:21:06 pm »

I can answer for Chris. It's an Edirol and we use it as an audio backup. Primary audio is captured by wireless transmitters with lapel mics.

Michaer

jwhee0615

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 11:05:58 am »

Quote from: michael
I can answer for Chris. It's an Edirol and we use it as an audio backup. Primary audio is captured by wireless transmitters with lapel mics.

Michaer

Ok, thanks for the info Michael. What are you using now to record the video and how do you integrate the audio? Are you mixing in editing software or piping directly into camera at the time of filming? I see that you are using at least 2 cameras. I am being used more frequently in my corporate life to do photography and videography so I find these things are of increasing interest. Thank you for your time Michael and once again you , Jeff and Chris have produced another tremendously valuable video guide!

Jeff

michael

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 12:03:44 pm »

The LR3 video was shot using four cameras. Two Sony EX1s were used for the shots of Jeff and me. A small Panasonic T700 was on an overhead boom to record an over the shoulder perspective, and a Canon 7D was used for various cut-aways.

We also did video screen captures on both computers, so there are in fact up to six separate video tracks available, though not all are used in any one sequence.

Audio is recorded using lapel mics, wirelessly, and the Editorol is a backup. We also recorded voice on the laptops while working, so we have multiple audio choices as well.

This is all mixed on multiple tracks on Final Cut.

Michael

mike.online

• http://mikedotonline.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 04:29:38 pm »

While we are talking about recorders, mind if I ask what screen capture software you were using? I've worked with a few before, but never been very happy with the controls or the results.

thanks,
- Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up